Bank Client

Patrixio1990
1 0 0

Hey guy.

If anyone can help us with this question. Thank you so much.

The Setup

We'll be opening an online store via Shopify but, instead of an online store where everyone can shop, our store will be exclusively used by this company (bank) as an internal store. Meaning no other customers outside their company.

Since this client is a bank and employee information is sensitive, they want to use their own SSO provider so that they can access our store using their existing company username & password.

The Question

Can Shopify connect to an existing SSO without having any problem?

If yes, do I need a Shopify Plus account, or will it work for non plus accounts?

Do I have to use Shopify Apps?

Hope someone can enlighten us with this question.

Thank you so much

Reply 1 (1)
harrys17451
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Hello Patrixio1990,

I think the best solution to this problem is using a Shopify app. Looking at your problem, I would recommend you to use a Single Sign-On (SSO) Login Application. 

Currently, I own a company and sell exclusive products in my Shopify store. I am using a Shopify app that allows users to single sign on to my Shopify store using the credentials they use to access the organization's platforms. This application supports all the Standard Authentication Protocols like SAML 2.0, OAuth 2.0, Open ID, JWT, LDAP, etc. Using the complete store protection feature you can allow users that work in your company (bank) to access your store using their existing company username & password. So no other employee outside your bank can access the store.

I found these apps to be working totally fine in my environment hence, recommend the same to you. Please let me know if it helps.

To answer your questions: 

• Can Shopify connect to an existing SSO without having any problem? >> Yes
  • If yes, do I need a Shopify Plus account, or will it work for non-plus accounts? >> it will work for both
  • Do I have to use Shopify Apps? >> it will be more feasible if you use the Shopify application as it will save you from the development overhead, maintenance issues, security updates, etc.