Solved

Why can't my custom domain be reached after theme customization?

Giovanaclothing
Visitor
3 0 0

after i customized my theme, put pages and some newsletters and links at the footer, 

my autorenewed domain says

This site can’t be reached

Check if there is a typo in www.giovanaclothing.com.

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

hope anyone can help me on this issue.
Accepted Solution (1)
Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Giovanaclothing.

I would recommend reaching out through our Help Center so one of our live advisors can take a closer look into this with you. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. Once you reach a live advisor, they will be able to access your account to take a closer look into this with you. Since these are the next steps for you, I will go ahead and mark this as solved for anyone else who may stumble upon this. 

Please feel free to reach back out here if you have any questions, we are always happy to chat.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

Nick_Marketing
Shopify Partner
1487 336 464

Consider sending an email to support, they can look into the account.
Contact page link: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact/

If the link keeps redirecting to the home page, try opening the link in Chrome Incognito mode.

Nick | Ecommerce & Marketing Technology Consultant | Toronto, CANADA
- For consulting work availability, please send me a Private Message or submit a ✍️Contact Form.
- For FREE Shopify Tutorials, Subscribe to my YouTube channel (▶️ Ecommerce TV).
Giovanaclothing
Visitor
3 0 0
Cant view my online store. Already bought my domain and package

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

Hi, @Giovanaclothing.

Thanks for your message, I would be happy to offer you some assistance with this. I see your shop is available when not searching with WWW:

Which generally means there was an issue with your domain set-up. Where did you purchase your domain from, us at Shopify directly or via a third-party domain host? I would start by checking the Online store>Domains section of your admin to ensure there are no errors in your setup. If you are using a third-party domain, I recommend logging into your domain provider's dashboard to ensure that your domain is set up correctly as per our requirements. We have a handy guide for connecting third-party domains that you can reference by clicking here. You will want to make sure you are set up as follows in your third-party domain provider dashboard:

• Your A record should be, the Shopify IP address 23.227.38.65 
  • The www CNAME record shops.myshopify.com

If you purchased your domain from us at Shopify directly, we may need to take a closer look into your account. Feel free to reach back out to me here with any further context or questions!

Giovanaclothing
Visitor
3 0 0

I purchased my domain in your platform ##- Please type your reply above
this line -##
--
Sincerely Yours,
Gianninah Macavinta

Marty
Shopify Staff (Retired)
512 74 103

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Giovanaclothing.

I would recommend reaching out through our Help Center so one of our live advisors can take a closer look into this with you. You can do this by logging into your store through the Help Center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. Once you reach a live advisor, they will be able to access your account to take a closer look into this with you. Since these are the next steps for you, I will go ahead and mark this as solved for anyone else who may stumble upon this. 

Please feel free to reach back out here if you have any questions, we are always happy to chat.