FROM CACHE - en_header

Breadcrumbs

AlbertBenj
Excursionist
23 0 0

Hello. Is it possible to make a series of breadcrumbs with multiple categories, like in the following photo? If yes, how?

harrypotter_0-1630958859235.png

Thank you very much!

Replies 7 (7)
Kinjaldavra
Shopify Partner
2302 569 1407

hello @AlbertBenj 

Please provide website url and if your store is password protected then also provide password So I will check and provide a solution here.

Want to theme customize contact us E-mail : natztech2312@gmail.com | Whatsapp
Build your professional store with GemPage Page Builder
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4219 304 903

Merchants wanting this customization can contact me with their store details for pricing either by form PM my email in my forum signature.

@AlbertBenj Yes! That customization is very possible, though be sure to first check your themes settings as a lot have that feature already.

There is also a partners snippet that can fit some situations https://shopify.github.io/liquid-code-examples/example/breadcrumb-navigation 

(in newer OS2 themes just slap that into a custom-liquid section)

There's also some loose tutorials for different themes already on the forums with varying degrees of success.

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
AlbertBenj
Excursionist
23 0 0

@PaulNewton I already have breadcrumbs, but I was wondering if it is possible to make that structure of multiple categories within other categories as most big ecommerce websites have

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4219 304 903

@AlbertBenj wrote:

@PaulNewton I already have breadcrumbs, but I was wondering if it is possible to make that structure of multiple categories within other categories as most big ecommerce websites have

In breadcrumbs yes there are various methods to build those hierarchies.

For making actual sub-collection collections of collections that's a big fat NO and NO navigation structure to reflect that , that isn't based on tags.

So no /collections/electronics/collection/computers/sub-colleciton/laptops etc, the only way in shopify land currently to do that is with tags

So Chrome books would be a tag to filter products in an electronics collection , and you could have a standalone collection "chrome books" and do some logic to try and bring those two areas together. 

Finally Combinable Discounts - EARLY ACCESS ONLY - Use Free Shipping With Other Discounts

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org
tomm1p
Excursionist
32 0 6

@PaulNewton 

I have theme 2.0. Where do I add this code?

SeanAwethentic
Tourist
12 0 3

Hi Paul,

Can you please elaborate?

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
4219 304 903

Hi @SeanAwethentic in shopifys admin& data you cannot nest collections within collection.

So any "sub" collection is based on tags,  or a completely presentational (advanced customization).

For tags you could have something like:

/collections/electronics/collection-computers+sub-collection-laptops

where there are two tags "collection-computers" and "sub-collection-laptops" being used to tag-filter the main collection "electronics"

If presentational you have to figure out what pieces to build it with and how to control it.

For example if you have hierarchies no more than 3 deep you could use linklists so the breadcrumb is really just a navigation menu with context logic based on where in the site a viewer is pointing to either again tag urls, custom pages, or custom views , or filtered collections. But that can be a lot of data entry and configuration for a a large inventory.