Brooklyn Theme- Can I get the Menu Bar to go straight to a Product Page?

mkd411
7 0 0

Im using the Brooklyn Theme. Right now my menu bar only has an option to link to a Collection- which then forces you to click on another photo which then takes you to the product for adding to cart. Is there a way to skip that middle step so that the Menu bar ( "pajamas" for example) Take you straight to the product instead of that middle page?  Seems like a nuisance, unnecessary  step. 
Thank you

0 Likes
Summer
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
133 30 32

Hey, @mkd411!

This is Summer from the Social Care team at Shopify. Thanks for your question! I absolutely understand your point. It's best to reduce the steps for a customer to view the product and to get to the checkout. The simpler the buyer experience is, the higher the likelihood of them completing an order.

Collections are commonly linked to the menu especially for stores with a large catalog. This is so customers can see the wide range of products under a collection. Linking the menu item to a collection isn't always a bad idea, especially if you want to organize a large product selection; however, if you have a small catalog with only a few products, directing a customer to a collection page before directing them to the product page may potentially do more harm than good in terms of making sales. Luckily, you have the ability to control where the different menu items direct your customers on your website. You can link them to the following pages:

• Home - your online store's home page
  • Collections - a specific collection or all collections
  • Products - a specific product or all products
  • Pages - a webpage on your online store
  • Blogs - a blog on your online store
  • Blog posts - a blog post on your online store
  • Policies - one of your store policies

To edit or add a menu item so they link to a specific page, you may go through the steps below.

1. In your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Navigation.
  2. Click the title of the menu you want to edit.
  3. Add or edit:
    • To add a menu item, click Add menu item
    • To edit an existing menu item, click Edit beside the menu item
  4. Edit or type in the Name of the menu item. This name appears on the menu.
  5. Click the Link field and select a page from the dropdown menu that appears. In your case, it would be Product; select the product you want to link.
  6. Click Add or Apply changes.
  7. Click Save menu.

Since you're directing customers to the product page, I recommend you focus on optimizing this page. Just because they get to the product page faster, it doesn't mean an order is guaranteed. We'll still need to work on it so it would convince people to add the product to their carts. I highly recommend referring to this blog post on How to Optimize Your Product Pages For More Sales as it's got a wealth of knowledge about enticing visitors to become customers in your store.

If you have questions about anything I've discussed, or about your store, do feel free to respond to this post!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes