Solved

What can solve the redirect virus issue on my Shopify website?

James_J
Shopify Partner
38 3 5

Hello. My website seems like have a redirect virus. It redirects website on mobile for once and then it's okay after that. Any idea to solve this?

Accepted Solution (1)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@James_J 

The correct terminology would be bug, since there are no viruses on websites. 

Without seeing your website we can't diagnose the potential cause of what you are experiencing, but the vast majority of cases like this happen because of custom code added that was added to your theme or an app that you have installed and, either intentionally or unintentionally, has this functionality enabled.

Kind regards,

Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

diego_ezfy
Shopify Partner
2935 562 883

This is an accepted solution.

@James_J 

The correct terminology would be bug, since there are no viruses on websites. 

Without seeing your website we can't diagnose the potential cause of what you are experiencing, but the vast majority of cases like this happen because of custom code added that was added to your theme or an app that you have installed and, either intentionally or unintentionally, has this functionality enabled.

Kind regards,

Diego

◦ Follow my blog & youtube for coding tutorials. Most questions in here are already answered there!
◦ Top #4 Shopify Expert, 24h reply. Click here to hire me.
Download copy/paste code snippets that can replace most apps.

James_J
Shopify Partner
38 3 5

Where can I email you to handle this bug?

James_J
Shopify Partner
38 3 5

EDIT:: Post edited to remove direct URL for malicious link. Added it as an image for troubleshooting purposes. @Shay 

it redirects website to:

James_J
Shopify Partner
38 3 5

Shopify Technical Support team has resolved this problem. Thank you.