FROM CACHE - en_header

Build a box

James_Martis
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to build a custom "Sandwich Box" product that allows a customer to select 11 total sandwiches from a list of 15 different sandwiches (one is free). I was able to get a rough prototype going, but need guidance on how to approach actually creating the product with the right cost once the user is done selecting their sandwiches.

Another option would be if I could create a product for each sandwich, display them as a collection and somehow enable quantity + add to cart under each sandwich in the collection.

Thanks,

James

Replies 2 (2)
Freddie
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
242 8 53

Hi, @James_Martis!

I have a few different ideas on how you could implement this feature on to your store.

• You could go the collection route where you have all of the products able to be easily added to the cart, and set up an automatic discount on your store for when they select 11 products, it will automatically adjust the cart total to your bundle price! Changing your collection pages around to enable a quantity selector and add to cart button would require some custom coding work, but I've found this great forum post here that has step-by-step instructions on how you can implement this yourself.
  • To create an automatic discount, you'd need to go to the Discounts > Automatic. In here, you can create a new automatic discount that is set to the collection of your sandwich deal. You would want it to look something like this when you set it up: 

I think that would be the best route to go, but alternatively, you could look to use an app such as Infinite Options so you can set this up within one single bundle product.

• You would create a single product for your sandwich bundle, and create 11 different variant options for the customer to choose from to build their product bundle via the Infinite Options app. It would end up looking something like this: 
  • Depending on which theme you're using, this could look slightly different on your product page but it would be the same kind of idea. The Infinite Options app is free and very simple to use, so that would be another great option.

Lastly, you could look to install an app that could implement all of this for you automatically, and you can look through our different bundle apps here. Or, you could hire a Shopify Expert to build you a custom solution on your storefront.

I hope this helps, and if you have any further questions, just let me know!

Freddie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

cayls
1 0 1

Hi Freddie, 

I am just wondering if this feature still exists? We are attempting to set up a Build-a-Box subscription but are having trouble finding apps (bundling app + subscription app) that will integrate to do this. Additionally, on our products it seems as though we are only able to select one variant/product. 

Thanks!