Build ONLY the design on Wix, migrate to Shopify and finish setting up payments, etc.

NutraGlobal
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi all,

Note that I didn't' start selling yet. This would be a ground-up build.

So I want to use Wix to build the store design because Wix allows me to do anything I want with their drag and drop tool. However I am very unhappy with the payment options offered by Wix. They don't accept mobile wallets, don't accept crypto, don't accept social pay apps. So I prefer the infrastructure of Shopify, but I like the design capabilities of Wix better. I really don't want to compromise on design. 

Can I build just the design on Wix, don't set up any payments, don't sell anything, just build the "shell" of the site on Wix and then migrate the store to Shopify to then finish setting up the payments, reporting, inventory management, etc etc on Shopify? It's very important that I am able to migrate all the animations, page structure, fonts, exact position of items, etc from Wix to Shopify. The design must be 100% migrated. All the rest of features would be set up on Shopify. 

What is your take? Can this be done? 

Best!

Replies 4 (4)

drakedev
Shopify Partner
685 148 230

I am sorry, but it can't be done. There's no way to migrate automatically a Wix theme to Shopify.

If my answer was helpful click Like to say thanks
If the problem is solved remember to click Accept Solution
Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development: You can hire me for simple and/or complex tasks.
NutraGlobal
Visitor
2 0 0

Thank you for your reply. 

It can't be done even if I start with a blank page on Wix and don't use any pre made themes? 

Do you know of any drag and drop tools for Shopify that would give me the same creative freedom as Wix? I have checked a few but they all seem rather limited. 

Best

drakedev
Shopify Partner
685 148 230

There are builders that could help to create the page content on Shopify. But as far as I know nothing that works at a theme level.

May suggestion is to try to find a theme that could allow to achieve something  similar to what you like, and then customize it via code.

If my answer was helpful click Like to say thanks
If the problem is solved remember to click Accept Solution
Shopify/Shopify Plus custom development: You can hire me for simple and/or complex tasks.

crissyyyyy
Visitor
1 0 0

Really hoped for a solution to this question as I agree - drag and drop plus the 100% control of designing on Wix is unmatched. I can't even create a simple landing page here exactly the way I want because you can't drag & drop.