Why does Shopify's bulk edit feature cause a server error?

jpack84
Explorer
66 2 23

When i am bulk editing prices and other information on multiple products, I get a server error and the circle on the right just keep spinning and never saves.  When i refresh the page, it shows some product information updated but not all.  I notice i get the error when i have 5 or more products selected to edit

I never got this error before they updated the bulk edit screen about a week or so ago. 

Replies 5 (5)

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Hello @jpack84!

This sounds like something you might be able to resolve using some local troubleshooting steps, so I recommend you start by trying the following:

• Clear your Google Chrome browser cache and cookies by following these steps here and try to check again.
  • Reset your internet - network errors can often lead to similar issues. 
  • Check that your browser does not need an update the following way, - an out of date browser can have similar errors come up. 

If none of the above works, could you please send me a screenshot of what the server error looks like, and let me know what specific field you're editing when this occurs, or if this just happens regardless of what fields are edited. 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jpack84
Explorer
66 2 23

I went though all that you mentioned above and am still getting the error.  Attached is a screen shot of what it does.  It stays on that screen and the little circle thing in the upper right corner just spins.  A red box pops up on the bottom that says Server Error but goes away after a few seconds.  It happends regardless of what fields im editing.  Ive tried editing a different amount of products to see if there is a certain number that causes it, but having had much luck.

Screenshot (82).png

jpack84
Explorer
66 2 23

I also only tired it on google chrome.  I have not tried it on Microsoft edge or Internet explorer.  I can try the next time i edit stuff and see what happens.

Lana
Shopify Staff (Retired)
849 77 107

Thank you for trying the steps that I outlined. Since it is still not working for you, it might be worth having a closer look at from our support side. Please get in touch with us via this link here and we can investigate this from there.

The reason I am redirecting you is because at the moment, it is not possible for me to look into your account details via the Shopify Community, 

Lana | Social Care @ Shopify
-Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

hester-and-cook
Visitor
1 0 0

I know this happened a while back but wondering if you ever got a fix for this?  I am having the same issue and am waiting for the help team to figure out how to fix the problem.