Business verification

madebymel
Visitor
2 0 0

I’m trying to start my business and the only thing thats keeping me is the business verification for shopify payments. I’m under 18 so I can’t use any of my documents to verify. I already put my name in as well so I’m looking to put shop ownership in my parents name so I can get verified. Is there anyway to change who I register the business under without having to delete everything and start over?

Replies 3 (3)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2722 272 474

Hey, @madebymel.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

You can change the store details so that you don't have to start over, and we've got a guide on how to do that here: Adding business settings for your store. Once that's done, you can add a staff account for your parents and then transfer the store ownership to them. Now that your parents are the owners of the store, they can get in touch with us and provide the information requirements for Shopify Payments. While we're unable to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community, we'd be happy to continue assisting you or your parents through live chats. Simply visit the Shopify Help Center and login to your account to create a support request.

That being said, since you're a new member of our Shopify Community, then I'd love to hear more about your business and share some resources to help you get started. What types of products are you looking to sell? Do you have a marketing plan prepared for your store?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

madebymel
Visitor
2 0 0

i can’t transfer ownership it says i need to transfer my balance first. I deactivated shopify payments but I’m still unable to transfer my balance because the business verification form isn’t filled out fully. How can I fix this?

Elias
Shopify Staff
2722 272 474

Hey, @madebymel.

Thank you for following up with the additional context. 

If you're unable to transfer the ownership and/or complete the business verification, then we'll need to escalate this request to our Payments team in order to update the Shopify Payments registration to your parents. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and we'd be happy to continue assisting you through live chats. 

If you have any other questions on this topic, then don't hesitate to let me know.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog