Buy one get one -

Solved
BinkyLulu
Tourist
8 0 1

Howdy all,

We are releasing our candleholders on our site early next week. We are offering a free candle of your choice with any purchase of a candle holder. Since we have multiple colored candles, we'd like for the customer to choose based on his/her own style. I thought this could be done by creating an automatic discount so the customer would automatically come across the candle styles at checkout and choose their preferred free item, but that does not seem to be the case. 

Basically what we want is for the customer to reach checkout and for the free item options to be available for choosing prior to checkout, rather than trying to look them back to another page. Anyone have any advise on how to go about this?

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Emily
Shopify Staff
43 4 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @BinkyLulu.

Thank you for reaching out, that is a great promotion to offer on your store!

Using Shopify, you can apply the automatic discount option: Buy X Get Y. If you use this method, your customers would need to add both the candle and the candle holder to their cart. Then during checkout, the candle would be discounted at 100%. Presently, there is no innate function that allows you to show the items at checkout as an add-on. Based on what you have shared, the best way to set this up will be through the use of a discount app. The good news is we have lots of great apps that can help. I recommend: 

• Automatic Discounts & Gifts: This app offers the ability to build custom deals with specific and flexible conditions. Setting up your discounts this way will allow you to organize your products and collection so that the discount is applied exactly how you would like it. 
  • Ultimate Special Offers: This app is similar to the one mentioned above. It allows you to offer and create multiple discounts while increasing your average order value. 

These apps have a lot of great added features that can really help boost sales. I will also happily pass along your feature request to our developers as I know this would be a great feature to offer on our platform.

I’d love to hear more about your business! Are you preparing for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? If so, I want to share a resource for Black Friday/Cyber Monday that can help you prepare with different tools, tactics, and strategies. 

Talk soon,

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Emily
Shopify Staff
43 4 16

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @BinkyLulu.

Thank you for reaching out, that is a great promotion to offer on your store!

Using Shopify, you can apply the automatic discount option: Buy X Get Y. If you use this method, your customers would need to add both the candle and the candle holder to their cart. Then during checkout, the candle would be discounted at 100%. Presently, there is no innate function that allows you to show the items at checkout as an add-on. Based on what you have shared, the best way to set this up will be through the use of a discount app. The good news is we have lots of great apps that can help. I recommend: 

• Automatic Discounts & Gifts: This app offers the ability to build custom deals with specific and flexible conditions. Setting up your discounts this way will allow you to organize your products and collection so that the discount is applied exactly how you would like it. 
  • Ultimate Special Offers: This app is similar to the one mentioned above. It allows you to offer and create multiple discounts while increasing your average order value. 

These apps have a lot of great added features that can really help boost sales. I will also happily pass along your feature request to our developers as I know this would be a great feature to offer on our platform.

I’d love to hear more about your business! Are you preparing for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? If so, I want to share a resource for Black Friday/Cyber Monday that can help you prepare with different tools, tactics, and strategies. 

Talk soon,

Emily | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post