Can I receive payments on a separate account from another domain?

oxfhealthspan
9 0 0
I'm adding a .co.uk domain and I'd like to receive the payments through my UK bank account. Is there any way I can do that with shopify? Also, is there any way I can charge people in pounds on the .co.uk website?
Replies 6 (6)

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @oxfhealthspan,

Nick here from Shopify. 

I'm not completely sure I understand everything you said. You can definitely add a .co.uk subdomain and then if you wish to make it your primary domain and you can definitely charge people in £'s. If you are using Shopify Payments then you can apply the Multi-Currency feature to do this. If you are not using Shopify Payments you can only charge one currency and would need to change your primary currency to do that if you aren't already charging in £'s. 

Can you let me know where you are currently based and what currency you are charging in now and we can take it from there? 

Thanks, Nick

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Markm3
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi Nick,

I have been looking for the answer to this too, and finding it hard to get a definitive answer.

So I am setting up a co.uk sub domain from out main .com domain.

On the .com domain, we accept EURO which is deposited in our EURO account.

For the co.uk site we will be selling in GBP, and the question is can this be deposited into our GBP account?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

Hi @Markm3,

If you have two seperate stores with their own unique geographical domains then each store can have it's own bank account where you'd be able to be paid in the seperate currencies. 

But if you are only using one store, no matter what the domains you use,  then it's only possible to have one bank account attached to the store so either EURO or GBP in this instance. 

Markm3
Visitor
3 0 0

Thanks Nick, does a sub domain count as a unique geographical domain?

If not then i guess my only other option would be launch a new UK store?

Nick
Shopify Staff (Retired)
4531 434 1025

My pleasure @Markm3. What I mean by geographical domains is that, your store might have example.com as your primary domain, but you can also have example.ie, example.de, example.ca or whatever the country code may be. You can have up to 10 domains/subdomains per store

19-45-yoxkc-0nxxs

The same concept stands which I mentioned in my previous message about it only being possible to have one bank account associated per store. 

From what you were saying initially in wanting to connect both a EURO and GBP bank account, having a UK store as well as European store would be the best route. 

Markm3
Visitor
3 0 0

Hi,

I know this is an old thread, but we are looking to do this too and finding it hard to get an answer

Did you have any luck with this?