Can the Add to Cart button be hidden in the Dawn 2.0 theme?

mp11477
1 0 0

I am using the site for a professional service, and while I do include my fee as a "product," I want to eliminate the "Add to Cart" option and force someone to "buy it now" instead.   Can this be accomplished in Dawn 2.0?   I have been able to hide the cart button in the header, but can't see where to hide the "add to cart" button in the product page.   Turning off dynamic checkout buttons removes the buy it now button and leaves the add to cart, which is the opposite of my desired outcome.

Replies 6 (6)
Maz
Shopify Staff
93 23 20

Hi @mp11477!

That is a great question, I am happy to help you with.

May I have a little more context as to why you want to remove the 'add to cart' button, what is your end goal here? For the moment, this feature would not be supported by our theme developers on the Dawn 2.0 theme, so this is something that they currently cannot implement for you.

As a workaround, you could look at hiring a Shopify Expert and checking if they can remove this for you. Shopify Experts can carry out custom jobs for your store like this. Alternatively, if you were to switch to one of our vintage themes, you would be able to remove the 'add to cart' button following this tutorial here. Our themes team might be able to help you remove this on a vintage theme using design time if you are not too comfortable coding yourself.

There are some considerations to consider before you go ahead and remove the add to cart button.

• Skipping the cart page can be a jarring UX experience. When online shopping, you expect to arrive at a cart page, it gives the customer a chance to review their selection etc.
  • Skipping the cart can mess up analytics.
  • Customers will bypass any additional notes or terms and conditions you might want to add in the future.

I hope this information helps. Aside from that, how is business going so far? I'd love to help you out with some business growth ideas.

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
2000 333 409

Hi @mp11477,

Please follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Online store > Themes > Actions > Edit code.
- Step 2: Go to Assets > section-main-product.css and paste this at the bottom of the file:

.product-form__submit {
    display: none !important;
}

Hope it helps!

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
eves
1 0 0

this didn't work for me...

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
2000 333 409

Hi @eves,

Have you checked it on Dawn theme? Please send your site and if your site is password protected, please send me the password. I will check it for you.

LitExtension - #1 Shopping Cart Migration Expert
If our answer is helpful then please accept as solution!
Are you looking for a solution to migrate to Shopify? Contact us for further assistance.
Try our FREE DEMO now!
Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
2571 309 642

Hii, @mp11477 
Kindly share your store URL so,
I can solve it perfectly.
Thank You.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution.
if you Want to modify or Customize your theme ,
Hire us | Whatsapp. and we also help you to guide how to reach to your potential customers to increase brand presence, engagements and sales for your business or Want to know more. Read our Shopify Blogs.Email us: sales@zworthkey.com

PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
BinalSavani
Shopify Partner
164 13 32

Hello @mp11477,

Hope you are doing well.

By doing custom CSS coding you can hide the add to cart button.

Binal Savani | iDentixweb

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!