FROM CACHE - en_header

Can we use same plugin account in Shopify that we are already using in WordPress?

bahahome
3 0 0

Hello,

I have installed some apps like Klaviyo,  Yotpo, and Tawk on Shopify. 

Now we have to create an account or login into it. And these plugins, we are already using on our WordPress website and already have an account.

Can we log in using the same account for all these apps in Shopify or do We have to create new accounts? 

And also if we can use the same account, do these apps work well simultaneously on Shopify and WordPress both?

Please let me know and also we have to keep in mind that our WordPress website is live.

Thanks,

Vani

Replies 4 (4)
Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1920 195 316

Hello, @bahahome.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that you're looking to use Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMSYotpo Product Reviews & Photos, and tawk.to Live Chat on Shopify and, since you're already using these apps on your Wordpress website, you're wondering whether you can connect them with your existing accounts. I've installed the apps to my test store and it looks like you can connect them with your existing accounts. 

For Klaviyo and tawk.to, it looks like you can simply log into your existing account after installing the apps. However, since they are both third-party apps, we'd recommend doing some simple testing on your store or reaching out directly to the app developers. The app developers are always available to assist you - you can reach out to them directly through the contact information found in the Support section of their app pages.  

Klaviyo: Email Marketing & SMS

03-47-44084-77885

tawk.to Live Chat

03-51-50390-44685

As for Yotpo, they don't have a separate login page for an existing account. However, they do provide the necessary tools for you to import reviews or grant API access. If you need any help with importing your reviews, then you can get support from Yopto directly from within their app as well.

Yotpo Product Reviews & Photos

03-00-78715-5312303-53-42931-47167

I'd love to hear more about your business! What kinds of products do you sell? How are you finding the Shopify platform?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

bahahome
3 0 0

Will we be able to have them set up at the same time as the current live site remains live?

CarrieMcClure
1 0 0

I think Shopify handles ecommerce better - it is an out of the box and hosted solution. But it isn't as flexible as WP.    PMP Payslip Registration

Wordpress has a lot more custom options. For example you control the entire stack of your application (database) and can generate your own URL structure. This makes SEO much better.

For example, it is easy in WP to have  You can't do that in Shopify. Shopify has a built in structure that you can't modify.  Any hosted solution you will have less control but there is a lot to be said about getting something up and running that just works.

If organic search is a big part of your online strategy I would not use Shopify. If it isn't - I would definitely use it. I have used both and prefer Shopify to WP.

Elias
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1920 195 316

Hey, @bahahome.

Thank you for following up!

I do encourage checking with the app developers directly to make sure that you have the correct information moving forward, as you are working with third-party apps equipped with cross-platform functionalities. However, since these apps aren't related to the store analytics/reports (eg. traffic, sales, etc.), then from my experience - it shouldn't cause any major issues for your live site.

With Yopto, it shouldn't be a problem as they still require you to import the reviews to your Shopify store. However, I do recommend double-checking for Klaviyo and tawk.to, as some of the data (eg. customer lists, automated responses, etc.) could be synced or merged, which could be a potential issue if that's not something you want. That being said, since both of these apps are capable of cross-platform use, then it's also possible that they have built-in functions to help with managing separate websites.

I'd love to know if the developers can help you confirm this. Please keep me and the community posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog