Can you set the countries where each product can be sold?

Solved
Phigolf
Excursionist
18 0 1

Can you set the countries where each product can be sold?
For example, product A is only available in the US and product B is only available in Canada!!

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
Victor
Shopify Staff
1166 105 261

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Phigolf,

Yes, this should be possible by using shipping profiles. These profiles allow you to set product-based shipping rules and set shipping rates for different countries on a per-profile basis. This means you could have one profile containing products that are just for customers in the US, and one profile that only contains products that are available to customers in Canada.

You can create shipping profiles by first heading to Settings > Shipping and delivery, where you'll see an option to create a new shipping profile:

26-34-81011-22494

After selecting the "Create new profile" option, you can then add your products and set your shipping rates. In the example below, I have selected a product I only want to sell to Canadian customers, and have added Canada as the only country where this product can be shipped to:

26-37-54267-57066

From here I can manage my products, shipping origin, and shipping rates for this profile. I could then create a second profile containing products for my US-based customers.

I hope this has helped but please let me know if you have further questions. As you are shipping products to multiple countries I'd recommend reading our helpful article on the Shopify Blog about international shipping, and would also encourage you to read more about our new Shopify Markets feature which is a new tool aimed at helping merchants sell around the world with greater ease and efficiency.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)
Victor
Shopify Staff
1166 105 261

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @Phigolf,

Yes, this should be possible by using shipping profiles. These profiles allow you to set product-based shipping rules and set shipping rates for different countries on a per-profile basis. This means you could have one profile containing products that are just for customers in the US, and one profile that only contains products that are available to customers in Canada.

You can create shipping profiles by first heading to Settings > Shipping and delivery, where you'll see an option to create a new shipping profile:

26-34-81011-22494

After selecting the "Create new profile" option, you can then add your products and set your shipping rates. In the example below, I have selected a product I only want to sell to Canadian customers, and have added Canada as the only country where this product can be shipped to:

26-37-54267-57066

From here I can manage my products, shipping origin, and shipping rates for this profile. I could then create a second profile containing products for my US-based customers.

I hope this has helped but please let me know if you have further questions. As you are shipping products to multiple countries I'd recommend reading our helpful article on the Shopify Blog about international shipping, and would also encourage you to read more about our new Shopify Markets feature which is a new tool aimed at helping merchants sell around the world with greater ease and efficiency.

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post