New Shopify Certification now available: Liquid Storefronts for Theme Developers

Cart & Checkout freezing/crashing

puprepublicco
4 0 0

***HELP NEEDED***

Hi, I am experiencing my add to cart freezing and then the screen will refresh. Sometimes it allows to add and continue to checkout, once in checkout the whole thing crashes. Is anyone else experiencing this problem. It’s really impacting sales and shopify support seems so hard to navigate of late.

Replies 7 (7)
Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2704 193 379

Hi there @puprepublicco!

Thanks for letting us know about this.

If you can share a link to your storefront with us here, I can take a look to see if I can reproduce this behaviour.

If you can also let me know the name of the theme you're using currently, we can check on how you can get support for this theme.

I'd also look at any code changes you might have made or any apps you may have added recently that could have made changes to your theme's code, especially around the product or cart pages.

Finally, for now, I'd recommend that you try downloading a fresh unedited copy of a free theme from our theme store here.

If you notice that the behaviour you reported is present on the unedited theme, then it may be an issue with Shopify itself which we can troubleshoot further.

On the other hand, if this behaviour is not occurring on the fresh theme it lets us know it is likely localised to your current theme and we can proceed to investigate there further.

I look forward to checking this out with you in any case!

Don | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

puprepublicco
4 0 0

Hi Don, the link to my store is https://puprepublicco.com/ im using the pipeline theme which has been updated but was also happening before the update, however befor the update my dashboard was not showing the correct counts, now that is working ok. I have reached out the the developers but haven't heard back

puprepublicco
4 0 0

Follow up- tried converting to a Shopify free theme and the problem still occurs. **Need help asap**

Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2704 193 379

Hi again @puprepublicco!

Thanks for getting back to me here and for sharing those updates.

I was able to check your store out using the link you shared, though I was not able to reproduce the behaviour you mentioned despite several attempts to do so.

If you haven't already, make sure you clear the cache on the browser you're currently using to access your store and ensure that is it up to date and supported for use with Shopify

Should you find that the behaviour you reported here is present on the fresh, unedited free theme after running those checks you can next reach out for account support via our Help Centre here so we can troubleshoot further with you.

jackmcpickle
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

This is happing to lots of sites. Including mine. And I fail to see how a theme whole effect the shopify checkout. The point of shopify is that the checkout process is secure, smooth and optimised to the 1000s of sites that run on it. 

Don
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2704 193 379

Hi there, @jackmcpickle!

In cases like this we advise troubleshooting by downloading a fresh unedited copy of a free theme as this allows us to localise the root cause of the issue.

If the issue is not present on the unedited theme we can proceed to investigate the current theme that was used on the store as the likely factor for any such behaviour.

Should you notice the issue is still present when using a new theme then we would proceed to troubleshoot any potential issue being caused by the core Shopify admin.

If you have already downloaded a new copy of a free theme from our theme store and notice the same behaviour is present there you can proceed to reach out for account support via our Help Centre here, where we'll be happy to investigate this with you further. 

jackmcpickle
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Could be related to https://community.shopify.com/c/technical-q-a/crash-after-payment/m-p/2071654/thread-id/127789 - for us it was an issue in the status page scripts. Managed in checkout settings.