Why can't I update my bank details on Shopify?

TinaJ1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello it’s not letting me change my old bank Info two payments have been sent to an old bank account the bank said it will be sent back but again Shopify hasn’t changed my new method 

Reply 1 (1)

Elias
Shopify Staff
2771 274 483

Hello, @TinaJ1.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand you're trying to change bank accounts and you still have payouts pending. If you're the store owner, then you can edit the bank account information directly through the admin. However, it's important to note that you will be asked to enter your new and old bank account numbers in order to make the changes. 

When a payout is sent to a deactivated/incorrect bank account, the funds will be returned to Shopify and you will be notified when viewing your payouts. Once you successfully change your bank account, the system will attempt to deposit your funds again. 

If you're unable to change your bank account for some reason, then we’ll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

That being said, was there a specific reason that you're unable to change the old bank account?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog