Can you change product variant in cart on Shopify?

stomov
Excursionist
19 0 1
Hi guys,

I need advice on the following issue: Because of the current theme which I have on my score (EcomSolid) when a person chooses quick buttons such as order today or get it now shows up the cart. However due to limitation of the theme , the product in the cart has pre-set /pre-chosen size which might not be the one which the client wants. The problem is that you cannot change it from dropdown in the cart and this is very annoying. I spoke with the theme creators and they said that this feature is not allowed and supported by Shopify.
I very much doubt that this is the case.
My question is do you know an app or quick code which can manage this flow?

Thanks,
Stefan
Replies 7 (7)

Not applicable

The variant is the one added to cart so that is technically true, you can't edit. You could build a cart variant changer that would essentially remove the one in cart and add the new one but it seems easier to build the variant selector before adding to cart.

EcomSolid
Shopify Partner
7 0 2

Hi @Stefan. Firstly thank you for using EcomSolid. and we hope you enjoy it. 

Regarding your problem, our technical team always ready to give you a hand. Is there any chance if you could capture a screenshot so we can better understand your problem and give you a solution my friend. 

We hope to hear from you! 
We are always here. Feel free to also reach the CS support team for further support! 🙂 

Best Regards,
EcomSolid Team. 

The next generation Shopify Theme. Unlimited Customization.
Download the Most Flexible Shopify Theme here => https://ecomsolid.com
stomov
Excursionist
19 0 1

Hi,

I wrote here because i already wrote to your help desk but there was no offered solution.

Strive
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello, Using the Debut theme. And no matter what size is selected size "S" appears in cart and proceeds to orders. 

Can someone in the community please help?

We have tried removing apps etc. 

strivebygi.com.au/

Password bliash

Many thanks, P

Akshay_V
Shopify Partner
438 16 58

@Strive 

It is because someone has modified theme code. I can see your theme JS file is showing error.
If you have coding knowledge then you can fix it, otherwise let me know.

Akshay Vaghasiya | Email: hello@lavitastic.com | Skype: akshayvaghasiya84
Want to modify theme or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Buy me a coffee PayPal
Strive
Tourist
5 0 1
Hi there, no I don’t have the knowledge with code but I sensed there was an error based on what I was reading in the forums. Are you able to help me please?
Akshay_V
Shopify Partner
438 16 58

@Strive 

I need store access to check your theme. So please email me at info@lavitastic.com.

Akshay Vaghasiya | Email: hello@lavitastic.com | Skype: akshayvaghasiya84
Want to modify theme or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Buy me a coffee PayPal