Why isn't Shopify recognizing my new address on shipping labels?

annalr
8 0 0

Hello,

I have a new address, I changed it every where I could but my shipping labels are still printing the old address as a return address. How do I get it to stop and recognize the new address? I miss the days of actual live Shopify support....*sigh*

If you upgrade your plan to the $299, do they start speaking to you again or is it still just endless written tutorials?

Thanks

Replies 3 (3)

Andrew
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1746 173 316

Hi @annalr

The return address on the shipping label is taken from Settings > Locations and will be whichever location the order is fulfilled from (ie. if you have more than one Location, the fulfillment Location address will show on the purchased label).

Now, if you're using UPS then you'll have had to provide an address with UPS when you registered through Shopify. This address is used for any shipments that need to be returned to the sender (undeliverable). If you change your shipping location address (Settings > Locations) this will update your address with UPS.

Could you give me a couple of screenshots of your locations set up, please? That would give me better context regarding your specific organization so that I can better help you.

Also, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding our support team. You do not need to upgrade at all! Simply go to Shopify's Help Center page and click Contact Support. You will first be prompted to search for documents relating to your query but, if you'd simply like to progress to our support, the option to proceed to live chat or email is also available at the bottom of the search results.

I look forward to hearing from you!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

annalr
8 0 0

Hi,

I do not use UPS, only. USPS.

Yes, I am aware of where to change the address and have done so in multiple places.

It is a fulfillment issue apparently as items are showing out of stock when they arent. Orders already placed, show the old address when I print a shipping label. And today I have run a sale in which no-one can purchase anything as the cart isnt letting anyone through.

I have already been thru docs and help, it can be days and no one answers or they answer something Im not asking.... right now, my shop is basically shot down as no-one can purchase and no one will speak with me to solve it. I consider this a problem and shameful that I cant get anyone staff member to speak with me in order to fix it. Years ago, a 2 minute phone call and this would be solved. I am not interested in spending weeks sending screen shots back and forth in a disconnected conversation. I need someone to help.

annalr
8 0 0

ON my website, we are made to order so we do not track inventory... and yet every item on our site is showing sold out when someone hits the cart....so we have no sales and no staff will help us.