Why is Shopify rejecting my bank change details?

dannyisok86
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm trying to change bank accounts. When I input the routing and account number to confirm the old account it tells me it does not match what is on record. However, I know it is the same numbers. Anyone else had a problem with this?

Replies 3 (3)

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi there, @dannyisok86 

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your question in the Community Forums! 

You mentioned that you're in the process of inputting your routing and account number to change your bank account information but are receiving an error that the information does not match. When updating your account information, are you following the steps within our Configuring Shopify Payments help resource?

If so, the next best course of action is to reach out directly to our Live Support Team to investigate further. Our Support team will be able to authenticate your account and take a closer look to ensure your Shopify Payments bank account can receive Payouts. You can contact our Support via chat, email or scheduling a call-back for phone support. For better visibility, I'll share the steps below.

How to Contact Shopify Support:

1. Navigate to our Contact Shopify Support page and login or select your store.
  2. Type a topic in the search bar and click Search.
  3. On the following page scroll down to Get Support and select Continue.
  4. You'll then be presented options to contact our Support team.

If you experience issues while contacting our Support team, please feel free to reply directly to this thread. I'll be happy to further investigate.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

MicroArtistry
Visitor
2 0 0

We are having this same issue. How was it resolved?

Victoria
Shopify Staff
2090 147 247

Hi, @MicroArtistry.

Thank you for joining in on the thread!

If you're unable to remember your banking details, could you try the following:

• A Void Cheque: A blank cheque from your bank that contains the routing and account numbers.
  • Online Banking: Account details may be viewed online.
  • Direct Deposit form or Bank statement: Forms are usually available for download.
  • Contact Bank: Call or chat with your bank to clarify current or old account details.

If you're entering the correct banking details and the system is telling you that your old account must match the information on file, I recommend contacting our support team. You can create a support request through the Shopify Help Center so our team can authenticate your account and take a closer look.

Feel free to thread any additional questions you may have here.

Victoria | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog