Solved

Changing "save" amount to original price Brooklyn Theme

ironquad
Tourist
9 1 7

Hello,

I am trying to change the price from "saved" amount to "original price" to show. I found the code under Snippets but do not know the actual wording to change. I think I just need to find the code to change "saved_amount" but cannot find it anywhere online. Untitled.png

Accepted Solution (1)

wmiz
Shopify Partner
40 7 34

This is an accepted solution.

Step

1. In your snippets folder, open product-grid-item.liquid

2. Find the div with the class "grid-product__on-sale" (should be around line 74)

3. Enter the following between the div tags:

{% capture orig_amount %}{{ product.compare_at_price | money_without_trailing_zeros }}{% endcapture %}
          <p>{{ 'products.general.save_html' | t: orig_amount: orig_amount }}</p>

4. Go to your store's languages settings (from your store admin Settings > Store Languages)

5. Click Change theme language next to whichever theme you are using

6. Search for 'Save html'

7. Under Products / General modify Save HTML to be: Original Price<br />{{ orig_amount }}

The icon is meant to be a circle, so it's kinda ugly with such a long title. Hope that helps!

OriginalPrice.png

Learn how to code Shopify sites: My YouTube channel

Weekly Shopify advice: ShopSavvy newsletter

Work with me: willmiswebdev@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

wmiz
Shopify Partner
40 7 34

This is an accepted solution.

Step

1. In your snippets folder, open product-grid-item.liquid

2. Find the div with the class "grid-product__on-sale" (should be around line 74)

3. Enter the following between the div tags:

{% capture orig_amount %}{{ product.compare_at_price | money_without_trailing_zeros }}{% endcapture %}
          <p>{{ 'products.general.save_html' | t: orig_amount: orig_amount }}</p>

4. Go to your store's languages settings (from your store admin Settings > Store Languages)

5. Click Change theme language next to whichever theme you are using

6. Search for 'Save html'

7. Under Products / General modify Save HTML to be: Original Price<br />{{ orig_amount }}

The icon is meant to be a circle, so it's kinda ugly with such a long title. Hope that helps!

OriginalPrice.png

ironquad
Tourist
9 1 7

Thank you so much! I did some modifications but it works like a charm, thank you once again!

Untitled.png

wmiz
Shopify Partner
40 7 34

No problem, glad it helped!