Changing the name of the payment gateway for alternative payments on the Checkout Page

christopher_da
2 0 0

Hi all,

I'm using Mollie as an alternative payment gateway for my German speaking customers and I'm not satisfied with the look / name of the specific gateway on the Shopify Checkout Page. Here's a picture of the example for a SEPA Bank Transfer:

Bildschirmfoto 2021-09-28 um 12.14.33.png

The name "Bank transfer (Mollie)" will not be 100% clear to my elderly potential customers who are used to the right German name "SEPA Banküberweisung". By using this name it will definitely decrease my conversion rate. I have read multiple articles about changing the name of alternative payment gateway that is shown on the Shopify Checkout Page but I couldn't find a solution to my problem.

Does anybody know a solution to this?

Thx in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Christopher

0 Likes
Ivy
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
159 23 21

Hi there @christopher_da!

Great idea to change this wording to make sure this is clear for all your customers. I carried out a trial on my own test store to see if this is possible and I believe this is possible to do using our theme language editor. I will walk you through the steps here:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  • Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Actions > Edit languages
  • Click the tab that includes the text that you want to change
  • Edit the text
  • Click Save.

I found the exact correct heading to change by searching for "credit card" and editing the text under "credit card label", it looks like this on the language editor:

28-09-34202-65037

And this should then change the wording at checkout like so:

28-11-20835-35768

Please do let me know if this works correctly for you! I'd love to help you out with some business growth ideas - how do you feel things are going at the minute? Is there anything you'd like to improve or change? 

Ivy | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
christopher_da
2 0 0

Hi Ivy,

this is of course possible for Shopify payments, but I'm trying to do this with Alternative Payments such as "Mollie".

0 Likes