Changing The Way My Products Are Organised Without Losing My Product Reviews

HairToday
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

My products are set up as individual variations. So for example you can order my product in blue, green, red, purple pattern A, black pattern A, pink pattern B, yellow pattern B etc.

I would like to change my site so that the products sit as variations under a main product, to show as:

Plains
Blue
Green
Red etc

Pattern A
Purple
Black etc

Pattern B
Pink
Yellow etc

I am not adding new products. I want to rearrange the products already listed.

I know how to do this from scratch. But I have reviews (via Judge Me) and I don't want to lose them (I assume I will if I create products from scratch).

A freelancer has told me he can do this for me, but that it will take 8 hours of coding.

Does anyone have a solution I can manage myself please (I'm pretty tech savvy).

Thanks.

Reply 1 (1)
Judgeme
Tourist
6 1 1

Hello there,

I'm Patrick from Judge.me support team.

Before making changes to the product, you can export the reviews from Judge.me to save them as a backup. But I'm not sure how are you going to rearrange the products from an individual product to a variant. So far as I know, it's not possible to do this without creating new products from scratch

If you consider creating new products, you can then migrate the reviews from one product to another (Judge.me has this feature) and then you can delete the old products (make them out-of-store).

If you could elaborate more about how you plan to do this, maybe I could try it in my test store and demonstrate the method again to you

Looking forward to hearing from you

Judge.me