Checkout Error: Unable to Ship to Address

billybob68
Tourist
10 0 4

One of my customers stated they were not able to checkout for an item because it stated "item could not be shipped to the location". I tried to send him an invoice to his email and same issue occurred. I have tried to make a test order with similar issue. it all states" This order can’t be shipped to the address you entered. Review your address to ensure that all fields have been entered correctly and try again."

I have also tried on different browsers. On Explorer and Firefox, I get the above error message but on google chrome, no matter how many times I type the address, no rates show up. It keeps telling me to input shipping information.

I didn't have this issue before. Does anyone have a solution?

Replies 3 (3)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @billybob68 

Shipping error messages like that usually mean there is an issue with the shipping rates in the admin or the offered rates don't allow this item (weight) to be shipped. 

Do you use custom rates based on price or weight or calculated rates from a shipping carrier? 

Check to make sure that your shipping rates don't have gaps between pricing/weight requirements (Ex: Rate A for products $0-9.99 and Rate B for products $10.99 +, this makes a gap of $1.00 between the two shipping rate options) and that you are shipping to the country/state this customer is shopping from. 

You also want to make sure to check that the item is stocked in the correct inventory location, check the product weight, etc. 

Another way to assist in troubleshooting this is to open the abandoned checkout in the admin and add .json to the end of the URL in the address bar. This shows a detailed breakdown of all the information collected at the checkout and may show what is causing the error. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

billybob68
Tourist
10 0 4

Right now I have it set to be calculated by USPS and UPS, which is general shipping rates. I have not changed it since starting on shopify. I have just tried making custom rates but still get the same error.

If I set it to a Flat Rate like $4 for every order, it doesn't have issue. 

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Okay, if the flat rate is working then that means that the product weight is most likely the issue. Double check the weight for the product as well as the weight measurement type (g/kg/lb).

If you aren't able to resolve this with this specific product I would then reach out to our live support for more troubleshooting. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog