Solved

Choosing between one or two Shopify Plus stores for different brands?

NicklasHH
Visitor
2 1 0

Hello everyone,

I work for a company called Dyberg Larsen, and we are about to migrate to Shopify. With that, we are going to run 2 diffrent stores.

- Dyberg Larsen

- BlackWorkLumen

This may be a big shot in the air if any can help since its a very specific question. We are working with a company called "Channel Engine". It works as a middleman for our Data (From our PIM) via an API, and we get all of our prices, stock and ordre status via API through there.

Our issue being, we are going to sell about 600 lamps on Dyberg Larsen and about 30 lamps on BlackWorkLumen. BlackWorkLumen is its own brand (Ai inspired) and is going to have the same store design but in black and white, and mostly all diffrent products.

Option 1: We have discussed a Shopify Plus account since you can have multiple sales channels on there. 

The problem being, that according to Channel engine if we have 1 store with 2 sales channels (Shopify Plus), everything would be shared: Pricing, Content, Database (You can select which items go to which sales channel) and shared images. Here would each sales channel have its own CE custom developed app.

The problem with this option being that we want to share products both on Dyberg Larsen and BlackWorkLumen but with diffrent pricing, images, description and so on. 

Option 2: Having 2 stores (2 subscriptions): Here we are able to be more free in determine each of the stores products database and content, diffrent prices and so on. Here we are going to have each store with their own individual CE custom developed app (CE recommendation).

The problem being we would have to have 2 sets of apps, with also having more work with switching and analyzing. How much extra maintenance would this require. Also having to pay for double subscription fees and so on.

Give me your thoughts on this! Anything can help, since we are a little lost here 🙂

Best Regards / Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Med venlig hilsen / Cordialement

Nicklas H. Hansen
E-Commerce
Dyberg Larsen ApS
Accepted Solution (1)

NicklasHH
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Just for anyone who would have a similar problem choosing how to run 2 stores in 1. 

I just figured our the solution which is an expensive one... If you run Shopify Plus and want to have 2 stores, then all stores have to sell under the same brand, but can be diffrent in everything else. The name for this option is: Extension stores

But with that i found out if you have diffrent brand in the 2 stores, then you have to run a Multi-brand store, this option isnt very known or written about. With this option you can run multible stores under diffrent brand BUT you have to have a Shopify plus subscription pr store... (2500$ x 2).

Nicklas H. Hansen
E-Commerce
Dyberg Larsen ApS

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

NicklasHH
Visitor
2 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Just for anyone who would have a similar problem choosing how to run 2 stores in 1. 

I just figured our the solution which is an expensive one... If you run Shopify Plus and want to have 2 stores, then all stores have to sell under the same brand, but can be diffrent in everything else. The name for this option is: Extension stores

But with that i found out if you have diffrent brand in the 2 stores, then you have to run a Multi-brand store, this option isnt very known or written about. With this option you can run multible stores under diffrent brand BUT you have to have a Shopify plus subscription pr store... (2500$ x 2).

Nicklas H. Hansen
E-Commerce
Dyberg Larsen ApS