Why am I facing collection posting issues in Shopify?

Mbikavu
Tourist
5 0 1

Hello

To add this collection to your online store's navigation, you need to update your menu

everytime I try to post my collection I get this 

Thanks to help me 

Replies 26 (26)

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @Mbikavu

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I'm happy to lend a hand, but I'm not too sure I understand your question - do you mind clarifying for me? Are you trying to add your collection to your navigation bar?

If so, you can do so by heading into your Shopify Admin.

• From your Shopify Admin you want to head to Online Store Sales Channel> Navigation.
  • When you're in your Navigation section, you can start to adjust your navigation bars. 
  • You want to click on the navigation menu that you want to edit from this page. If you're wanting to add your Collections in dropdown menus to your main menu, then you would select 'Main Menu' from this page and if you want to add your Collections to your footer menu, you would select the 'Footer Menu' option. Your menu items may have different titles depending on your theme or if you've done any customizations. From here, you will want to follow along with our step by step guide, here

Dropdown menus are a way for you to showcase your individual collections in an organized way in your navigation bars. Setting up drop down menus will require a little bit of set up. Not to worry, we have a really great resource you can follow to help you out with instructions and visuals when building your dropdown menus. You can check out that resource, here

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Mbikavu
Tourist
5 0 1

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-18 at 3.59.51 PM.jpeg

Mbikavu
Tourist
5 0 1

I sent the picture of my issue 

Thanks for your response 

@Mbikavu wrote:

WhatsApp Image 2019-07-18 at 3.59.51 PM.jpeg

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Thank you for sending that my way, @Mbikavu

Can you tell me what section of the Shopify Admin you are seeing that message from? What exactly are you trying to achieve? Any links would be helpful! 

Mbikavu
Tourist
5 0 1
I try to create a collection
But they say I have to update my menu
I don't understand how I can update the menu.

And when I create the collection they say unavailable on the online store
Arpan12
Shopify Expert
54 2 9

Hi @Mbikavu 

You are on the right path, Shopify is one of the community where you always get the solution related to all the things. Whenever, you create the collection, you need to link them with proper menu which is called navigation on Shopify. You can refer the document provided by Shopify https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/products/collections/make-collections-findable

For more details, you can take schedule the meeting with me on skype live:danbakker_2, you can also email me at arpansrivastava@cedcommerce.com. For more details related to store development, you can visit our page.

Arpan Srivastava
Store Analyst

Skype id-live:danbakker_2

Want to Increase your Sales on Shopify?
Now do connect with me on group also https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shopifysellershub/

Shopify Expert
Alex202020
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Shopify Team I have a PROBLEM with my collections and navigation 
i add a collection but i can not see it in the navigation

All i see is :

To add this collection to your online store's navigation, you need to update your menu

and i don't know What to do 

i deleted the entire menu and created again but that is not enough i think ... please help

thank you

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @Alex202020!

Karlie here! I'll need to take a look at your account for you. To do so, we would need to take this conversation to email. I'll be sure to send an email to the same email address you have connected to your Shopify Forums Community account. Be sure to reply back to me via email. 

I'll be in touch!

BonniesOnline
Tourist
3 0 1

I am having the same issue.

I have created a new collection and have added products to it but i can not access it on my shop page. I also have the same message that i need to update my menu.

Please help.

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @BonniesOnline!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Our support team would be happy to dig into your account for you. I'm not able to dig into your account through the Shopify Forums Community, so what you will want to do is follow the prompts from our Help Page, here, to get in touch with our team via chat, email or callback. 

kyliew
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi. I have the same issue with the text of "To add this collection to your online store's navigation, you need to update your menu". Please help.

Kind Regards,

Kylie

BonniesOnline
Tourist
3 0 1
Hi,
I still get the same issue but I noticed a cross in the top right of the notification so I clicked it and it closed it. I was then able to carry on with publishing the collection. It happens every time so must be a Shopify glitch as no one has contacted me with a reason or resolve.

I hope this helps.
kyliew
Visitor
2 0 1

Hi Bonnie, 

Thanks for your response. 

I tried your great suggestion but still no luck. 

It's quite frustrating!

I'll continue to try!

Cheers, 

Kylie 

twistedbliss
Visitor
1 0 2

I had the same issue. Each product in the collection has to have Online Store selected in SALES CHANNELS AND APPS.

Karlie
Shopify Staff
669 54 133

Hello, @BonniesOnline @kyliew @Alex202020 @twistedbliss!

Karlie here again! I've reached out to our internal team and the notification you're seeing will show up when a collection is showing available online, but it's not yet linked to one of your navigation menus (footer or main). A banner will show up and it will let you know that you need to add your collection to one of your menus. This banner notification is to notify merchants that while their collections are showing as visible, that they aren't yet connected to their storefront. To add the collection to your navigation menu, you can simply click on 'update your menu' from the banner notification or you can follow our step by step guide, here.

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

FLDCustomCards
Visitor
1 0 3

This doesn't help. your instructions are not clear and have been fighting with this for 2 days!  I am so frustrated!!  Obviously this isn't "clear" given the number of questions!

BV305
Visitor
1 0 1

This was a terrible explanation, the link is absolutely not step by step and the issues still exists.

NatNatie
Visitor
1 0 4

God bless you!!! Thank you, you have helped me so much. It took me 2 hours to find the answer. Guys, you don't have to edit the collections, you have to edit the product. In the column on the right there is "SALES CHANNELS AND APPS" click "Manage" and select "Online Store". Then the product will appear in a collection on your site. Thank you, twistedbliss, for your help. Good luck and success in everything!!:))

Mikekloub07
Visitor
1 0 1

thank you my friend

you don't have to edit the collections, you have to edit the product. In the column on the right there is "SALES CHANNELS AND APPS" click "Manage" and select "Online Store".

Jehmols
Visitor
1 0 0

You the real MVP.

Edoney
Visitor
1 0 1

Thanks for the above, all of mine are on, however it's not changing. 

So annoying considering it is something that should be so simple. 

Susiedye
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello, I am having the same aissue now all of the sudden none of my products or collections are showing.  All of my products who active in my online store.  I looked at the above and online store is selected for everything.  Any ideas? 

Dannio
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello Shopify Team I have a PROBLEM with my collections and navigation 
i add a collection but i can not see it in the navigation

All i see is :

and i don't know What to do 

i deleted the entire menu and created again but that is not enough i think ... please help

thank you

Masogymsupply
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm having this same issue. Don't understand why. Please help!

jaleleo
Visitor
1 0 0

Remove the Collection and Create another one without Automated
choice
select manual in Collection type

I do it , and it work

emfemf1
Visitor
1 0 0

I can't figure this out either! 

even the suggested help below didnt help.