Create multiple cart notes and Make a cart customer note mandatory

CompassJW
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hello,

I have enabled cart notes, and I want to know if it is possible to a) add a second note section, and b) make the notes mandatory to be filled out by customers.

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 73 80

Hi @CompassJW 

Thank you for sharing your question here in the community forums for help! While I am not a developer myself, I can help you get some of the resources you need to create this experience on your store. Yes, you can add a second field to your cart page and we actually have a tutorial to create something like that. You can find the steps for creating a second form field, and how to make sure the field is mandatory here:

Tutorial: Ask how customers heard about your store 

And this forum post, while a bit older, links to a code generator that should still work. It allows you to create various types of form fields from drop down, to long text, to radio buttons:

Tutorial: Cart - Use cart attributes to collect more information

I would go through those two links and reach out again if they don't work for you! If I can help with anything else, please let me know. 

-Shay 

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

CompassJW
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hello @Shay 

The link to the Shopify UI elements generator for the cart isn’t letting me choose from the drop down menu  to select a “type of form field” or let me type where it says “your form field label”. I’ve tried to refresh the page but that doesn’t help. I used this tool a couple days ago to make an line item property but it won’t work now. Is it broken or not compatible with tablets? I might have made it on my desktop last time I used it?

Thanks again,

0 Likes
Shay
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
409 73 80

Hi @CompassJW 

I just tested the site on my chromebook and android phone and it is working for me without issues. I also used an iPad emulator to test it out and it worked there as well. I would do a browser cache and cookie clear and also see if your tablet's browser has the option to view the desktop version of the site instead. 

If you are still having issues loading the generator, please let me know what tablet model you are using and your OS version and I will see if we can do some troubleshooting into that. 

Thank you!

-Shay

Shay | Support Advisor @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CompassJW
Excursionist
17 0 4

Hello @Shay,

Thank you for your advice, I removed cookies/ cache/ history but still didn’t work . I am using iPad Pro (3rd generation) OS Version 14.6.

I did however get it to work for my much older MacBook laptop so I can get the code I need, but not with my tablet.

Thanks in advance for troubleshooting!

-CompassJW

0 Likes