Solved

Created custom pages, but the slideshow disappears.

pdo413
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi All, 

I've created some custom pages, and for some reason on the page... the slideshow that I use minimizes and essentially disappears from the page? I took everything out of the page template except the slideshow, which is called longsleevesBanner: 

<div>

{% section 'longsleevesBanner' %}

</div>

I copy/pasted the code for that slideshow from an existing slideshow that works on another page. However, when I go in to the Online Store/Customize, I see the slideshow and can upload my image, but as soon as I do.. it just disappears. If I click the eye to hide/unhide it, it pops back up into the page. 

Then if I exit, the image that was previously saved in the slideshow is gone, and the slideshow is completely empty. 

So then I tried to save the image from the page that I copied the code from, and it did the same exact thing. So it makes me believe it's not the image. 

Everything was copy/pasted, so it almost seems like a glitch to me? 

Any ideas?!

Accepted Solution (1)
pdo413
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Deleted the page, and then recreated the slideshow sections with different names. Maybe it didn't like how long the name was or something? Not sure, but it works now! 

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

pdo413
Tourist
5 1 0

I think what's happening is that the image doesn't truly save in the slideshow... and then the slideshow minimizes. 

When I click the hide/unhide it maximizes to show the slideshow. 

And like before, when I exit and go back into the page, the image is no longer "saved". 

suyash1
Shopify Partner
9131 1137 1484

@pdo413 - cany ou share this page link where you added the slideshow?

To build shopify pages use pagefly You are welcome to contact me - suyash.patankar@gmail.com , My timezone is GMT+5:30.
Paranormal story video using AI
Join me for beginner level training session
pdo413
Tourist
5 1 0

yeah and I see the page, but the slideshow image isn't on it. 

https://www.itsahardmomlife.com/pages/long-sleeves

pdo413
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Deleted the page, and then recreated the slideshow sections with different names. Maybe it didn't like how long the name was or something? Not sure, but it works now!