CSV Import Skipping Variants / Products that have variants

Hydrodionne
Tourist
7 0 6

Hello,

After importing a list of products via csv I noticed that many products from the csv did not successfully get imported to my store. The list was originally exported from another one of my shopify stores therefore all products in the csv were formatted by shopify without any changes (except for some skus). Products containing variants in this export all have the same Handle and seem to be differentiated through other fields (e.g. option1value, variant sku, etc). If Shopify itself exports products containing variants with the same handle how is it possible that they are being skipped when I try to import them? Could there be an issue anywhere else in the csv file.

PS some imported perfectly fine while others were skipped entirely - there seems to be no consistency.

Thank you. 

Replies 2 (2)
Elias
Shopify Staff
1412 133 209

Hello, @Hydrodionne.

Thank you for reaching out and posting this question!

I understand that you're importing products via CSV and some of the products are being skipped. Does the skipped products exist in your store already?

If so, you'll need to check the box to overwrite existing products so that the import does not skip any existing products. 

17-19-18619-53188

If the products don't exist in the store and they are being skipped by the import, then it looks like we'll need to access your account in order to resolve this issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit the Shopify Help Center and log in to your account to create a support request.

I'd love to know if our Support team can help you identify and resolve this problem. Keep me posted!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

poweredby
4 0 0

I know that the product CSV can be quite finicky... especially when it comes to variants. If you are still having trouble there is landing page that has easier to use CSV templates on it. Skip to Data Assessment & Templates and choose Standard at the bottom - if you are already familiar with the Shopify Admin:

https://the-migration-hub.myshopify.com/