Currently getting 502 Bad Gateway when trying to access orders in shopify

jhollyva
Visitor
1 0 1

I am getting a 502 Bad gateway error when trying to access orders from my account order history page.  I have also received multiple emails from customers having the same issue.

Replies 16 (16)

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @jhollyva !

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this. We have been experiencing issues with accounts that use the Digital Downloads app showing a 5XX error message as you described. Do you happen to use this application? If so, please know that our developers are currently looking into this to resolve it as soon as possible.

If not, would you be able to send me your URL so I can test things out on my end? I'd like to investigate it further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Holly | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

danielb2
Visitor
1 0 1

We are seeing the same issue. Cannot view a specific order in the order account history as it throws a 502 error. We are not using the digital downloads app. It looks like this issue only started recently (last 24-48 hours).

tenaka999
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

HEllo,

Same here. From this morning all of our shops for our clients are not able to access order details. Ok to go to account order list then error 502 bad gateway when click to an order. We are using sendowl for 2 out of 5 shops. All 5 shops are concerned by this issue. Do we need to panic ? Our clients are 😕

MayankV
Tourist
6 0 1

Which theme are you using. I am getting this with impulse. There is another thread with same issue

https://community.shopify.com/c/online-store-2-0/logged-in-customer-can-t-see-order-details-getting-...

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

@MayankV @tenaka999 

Are your clients Plus members? There appears to be an ongoing issue with Plus accounts seeing this error when accessing orders as of last night. Please let me know and we can discuss next steps.

MayankV
Tourist
6 0 1

@Holly I am on the basic shopify plan.

tenaka999
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hello, No Plus client, just Basic and Pro.

Themes are all from Archetype (Impulse / Expanse / Motion). Might be a clue 😕

MayankV
Tourist
6 0 1

@tenaka999 I have mailed Archetype for this issue. I suggest you do the same. I will keep you posted.

Not applicable

Ran into the same problem on Expanse.

Was able to fix this by going into the customers/account.liquid theme file and updating line 29 from:

<td data-label="{{ 'customer.orders.order_number' | t }}">{{ order.name | link_to: order.customer_url }}</td>

to:

<td data-label="{{ 'customer.orders.order_number' | t }}">{{ order.name | link_to: order.order_status_url }}</td>

Should get it working again until the devs release an update.

tenaka999
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Thank you, workaround is working for me on Expanse. But it is not the same page. Hoping Archetype will react soon enough 😕

MayankV
Tourist
6 0 1

@Holly I got the below reply from Archetype. Can you pls confirm if issue is at shopify end

We're able to confirm that this is an issue happening from Shopify's backend. They're still investigating this matter, but no worries, our development team is also looking into this. We'll definitely send you an update once this is resolved.

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

Hi @MayankV 

I've looked into this issue on our end and it appears to still be ongoing as our developers are assessing the situation. Compared to what I previously stated regarding this issue affecting Plus stores, it is actually affecting anyone at this point. Our team has provided the following workaround until this is resolved:

• Locate where the ajax cart is added to the theme (each affected theme may have the problem code in a slightly different spot depending on the theme design).
  • In that snippet or section file, there will be something like this:
{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons }}
  • Replace that code with the following:
{% unless template == 'customers/order' %}
{% endunless %}

Please let me know how that goes.

Cheers!

Brent_K
Visitor
1 0 0

Rose, 

I simply replaced this line:

{{ content_for_additional_checkout_buttons | google_button_options: 'transparent' }}

with 

So far we've not noticed any other problems, and after a hard refresh, our customers can see their order history. 

anayvy
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, I'm having the same issue. As far as I can tell it is ongoing since 14 days. Is there any info about when this error will be fixed? Thanks!

Holly
Shopify Staff (Retired)
687 74 152

@anayvy - I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. The issue has since been resolved on our end but I'm happy to look into this further for you. Have you tried my above recommendation yet (post from April 4)?

If not, I strongly recommend you do. Also, kindly clear your cache and cookies to see if that helps.

Please let me know how that goes. 

anayvy
Tourist
3 0 1

@Holly thank you for your fast response. Emptying the cache solved the issue on my end.