Solved

Custom field value not coming through Order notification

MiaH26
Tourist
6 0 0

I had an opposite problem previously, but the code is the same. I feel stupid to ask for help again for the same thing, but here I am.

So, I manually added 2 custom fields to a product page, just copying over the template from another product, but changing the template name and what each refers to.

I have 2 custom fields, one for the customized name, and the other for an image to be customized.

Previously, the name - field didn't come through to the order notification for me, but the file-field did. However, this time it's the opposite. The name-field did come through to my Order notification, but not the uploaded file. Can someone please tell me how to fix this? Here's the code snippet. What did I do wrong? 

<p class="line-item-property__field">
<label for="pups-name">Pup's name </label>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<input required class="required" id="pups-name" type="text" name="properties[Pup's name ]">
</p>

<p class="line-item-property__field">
<label for="pups-photo">Pup's photo </label>
<input required class="required" id="pups-photo" type="file" name="properties[Pup's photo ]">
</p>

They're identical, but only the name-field came through? 

Accepted Solution (1)

DP_Development
Shopify Partner
120 14 30

This is an accepted solution.

Its just an assumption, but It's possible that the apostrophe is the problem. If this is true the name in both cases is cut on "Pup", which in case of names already has a value. Could you try to give two different names without apostrophes, just to make sure?

Software Engineer and Frontend Developer
Fast, cheap and straightforward solutions! Shall I do this for you? Just send me a message!
Please click on like and "accepted solution" if my answer helped you.

View solution in original post

Replies 4 (4)

DP_Development
Shopify Partner
120 14 30

This is an accepted solution.

Its just an assumption, but It's possible that the apostrophe is the problem. If this is true the name in both cases is cut on "Pup", which in case of names already has a value. Could you try to give two different names without apostrophes, just to make sure?

Fast, cheap and straightforward solutions! Shall I do this for you? Just send me a message!
MiaH26
Tourist
6 0 0

I'll try that! Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

MiaH26
Tourist
6 0 0

I made a couple of changes: 1) Getting rid of the ' DP-Development suggested, and 2) disabled the pop-up Add-to-cart.

I don't know which one did it, but I now got a whole order through. 

So thank you 🙂 

DP_Development
Shopify Partner
120 14 30

Youre welcome! Im happy to hear that its working. Could you please mark the solution as "accepted solution" ?