Why are all my customer emails landing in spam folders?

joetownearrings
Tourist
5 0 2

Hello! I just recently launched my Shopify store and am having trouble with all my emails (order confirmations, marketing emails, abandoned checkouts, etc.) are going to my customer's junk mail/spam folders. I did a little bit of research and it sounds like the reason this is happening is becayse my domain was purchased from a third party. I purchased my domain with Wix before deciding Shopify was a better fit for me. I tried to follow some other steps to fix my emails from going to spam folders but I either didn't understand the instructions or they were outdated solutions. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance!

Replies 4 (4)

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

This is covered in detail in the help docs: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/intro-to-shopify/initial-setup/setup-your-email

The most likely reason your emails are going to spam is that the domain you're using for the emails isn't authenticated. See the docs above for details on how to authenticate your domain.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
joetownearrings
Tourist
5 0 2

Thanks for the reply and the link! Unfortunately, I tried this, and the steps that are listed don't show up for me. There is no option to authenticate when I follow the steps provided...

ThomasBorowski
Shopify Expert
803 71 239

Is your store on a paid plan? Because the option to authenticate only shows up when you're on a paid plan.

If your store is on a paid plan and the option to authenticate the domain still isn't showing up, I'd recommend contacting support, they can enable that option for you.

★ Smart Upgrades, Tips and Tutorials for Shopify themes: cartpunk.com
Did my solution work? Help other Community members easily find the correct solution and apply it to their own stores by marking it as the Accepted Solution and giving it a Thumbs Up
joetownearrings
Tourist
5 0 2

Yes, I am on the paid plan! I will contact support. Thank you so much for your help!