Solved

Customers getting mystery discounts

PaperMinty
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello!

I have an emergency question! For some reason my customers are getting mystery discounts when they check out! I don't know why. The discounts are not same always. For people get 40% off and others get 5% discount. I am so confused and really am going crazy over this! I do have an automatic sale running today that is 20% off on one collection but I see discounts on other collections and the percentage differs as well.

Please help!!!!!!!!

Accepted Solution (1)
Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @kentongray.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I checked in with our escalated support team about this, and they let me know that this seems to be a Google issue, as we don't sync promotions as part of a smart campaign. They recommended reaching out to Google directly about this issue. You can contact their support team here:

Thank you again for your post, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

Hi, @PaperMinty.

Thank you for your post. I understand how concerning this is, and I'll help get to the bottom of this with you.

I first recommend you open up the orders with these discounts applied and see if a discount code was used by the customer, or if the discount was automatically applied to the order. There may also be information on that page about how the discount was created (such as an app for example).

Next I recommend checking to see if you have any apps downloaded on your store that have the ability to create discount codes for your customers. You can view any active apps in your Shopify admin by clicking on Apps on the left-hand side of your screen. If any of those apps mention discounts, you can click through to the app to see if codes are being created.

Lastly I would recommend viewing the Discounts section of your admin to see if there are any active discount codes or automatic discounts that may have been applied to these orders. If there are, you can disable these discounts.

Would you be able to share your store URL with me here? I can go to the checkout to see if I receive a discount. 

Keep me posted!

Greta | Shopify 

kentongray
Visitor
1 0 0

@Greta  @PaperMinty 

I think something has changed on Shopify and or Google shopping. We noticed a lot of customers using discount codes that we have never published (most made years ago). It started today and we couldn't figure out how. We reached out to a customer and found that it was promoted on Google Shopping. It appears Google Shopping made them public today and added them to our google shopping ads. These are promo codes that have been on our shopify (but never publicized) for months. 

We've since disabled the promotions on google merchant center but very unhappy about this as we had a lot of customers taking advantage of the coupons that were never intended to be public (and that were such large discounts we lost money on the sales).

Screenshot attached, see the start date.

This seems like a very serious bug. I'm reaching out to Shopify but hope this comment may help others.

kentongray_2-1637110043148.png

Greta
Shopify Staff
1105 118 140

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @kentongray.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I checked in with our escalated support team about this, and they let me know that this seems to be a Google issue, as we don't sync promotions as part of a smart campaign. They recommended reaching out to Google directly about this issue. You can contact their support team here:

Thank you again for your post, and let me know if you have any other questions!

Greta | Shopify