Customers not receiving forgot password emails from password reset link

Lea_Arq
Shopify Partner
7 1 3

Our store is https://www.arrae.com/

We have had multiple customers report they they are not receiving the email for resetting their password. We have tested it ourselves and emals are not coming through. There is also no success messsage after the recaptcha challenge, and messages are not going to spam filter.

Replies 12 (12)

AlexHodzitsky
Shopify Partner
72 19 27

Hi Lea_Arq! Hope you are doing well!

Didn't find your problem. Passed registration -> logged out -> tried to reset the password -> an email with a password reset was sent to the mail (https://prnt.sc/12l5eut, https://prnt.sc/12l5dv5) -> entered a new password -> all works.

Alex

I didn't choose the Shopify, the Shopify chose me.
Linkedin: alex-hodzitsky
beaducation
Visitor
1 0 0

We are experiencing the same problem AND/OR they are stuck in the loop with the captcha. It doesn't happen for everyone, but we have been able to recreate the problem.

Lea_Arq
Shopify Partner
7 1 3

We are also having the same problem with the captcha being stuck in a loop on every site, we've had to turn the captcha off because it's not working.

blarg
Visitor
2 0 0

We are experiencing this same issue, which happens several times a day.  Customers are not receiving the password reset email and getting stuck in the Captcha loop. It happens with Chrome, Firefox, Safari as well as various email clients. We are using classic customer accounts.

lloquist75
Visitor
1 0 0

Having the same issue.  Tested it ourselves and we are not receiving reset emails either.

AlyssaThomas123
Tourist
5 0 4

I am also facing these issues. I have multiple customers stating that they have tried to login to the account or reset the password and receiving no emails. Cannot find them in junk mail either. However if I go into Shopify and into customers > the email > 'reset password' or 'send account invite' the customer receives emails.

Any assistance would be much appreciated. This is happening multiple times a week.

Angelyn_Bennett
Visitor
2 0 0

we have this problem often!  Has anyone found a fix?

SelectCards
Tourist
3 0 1

Still for us too.  Need help plsssss

Rae91200
Tourist
4 0 5

We have this issue regularly...still. Its been an issue for at least a year, if not since we started using Shopify in October 2019. I can't even remember because its been an issue for SO long! Help!

Carter6
Shopify Expert
4 0 3

Same.  Been an issue for a long time.  Turning off reCAPTCHA doesn't fix it.  Emails not in SPAM.

SelectCards
Tourist
3 0 1

Has anyone found a solution for this?

Contrail
Shopify Partner
17 0 2

It looks like this type of issue recently spiked for us. Multiple customers stating that they are not able to receive reset password e-mails, and that they have also checked spam/junk folders.

Why isn't there an alternative method of OTP (one time password) for example? Something we can give them to access their account and then set a new password without having to rely on e-mails.

In our case customers can not access their purchased products when they can not log-in, so this is kind of mission critical.