Solved

Can customers input personalized messages for postcards at point of sale on Shopify?

LoveMeNotes
Tourist
4 0 1

I'm offering postcards with custom, handwritten messages. How do I set up an option for my customers to be able to input their message at the time of sale?

Thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LoveMeNotes 

Thank you for reaching out here.

You could consider using the order notes on your cart page to collect special instructions from customers.

You can find the cart settings for your theme in either the Theme settings or in a customizable section on your Cart page. If your theme doesn't have order notes setting in Theme settings, then look for the setting in the Cart or Cart settings section on your Cart page.

Follow these steps below to set it up:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  • Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
  • Click Theme settings.

• Click Cart.

• Look for Enable order notes or Enable cart notes. If you can't find either of these options, then check your Cart page.

• Check Enable order notes or Enable cart notes.

• Click Save.

Screenshot.png

If this answers your question, please mark it as a Solution.

Best regards. 

banned

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @LoveMeNotes 

Thank you for reaching out here.

You could consider using the order notes on your cart page to collect special instructions from customers.

You can find the cart settings for your theme in either the Theme settings or in a customizable section on your Cart page. If your theme doesn't have order notes setting in Theme settings, then look for the setting in the Cart or Cart settings section on your Cart page.

Follow these steps below to set it up:

• From your Shopify admin, go to Online Store > Themes.
  • Find the theme that you want to edit, and then click Customize.
  • Click Theme settings.

• Click Cart.

• Look for Enable order notes or Enable cart notes. If you can't find either of these options, then check your Cart page.

• Check Enable order notes or Enable cart notes.

• Click Save.

Screenshot.png

If this answers your question, please mark it as a Solution.

Best regards. 

banned
LoveMeNotes
Tourist
4 0 1

Thank you for your reply! That looks like it will probably work, but there isn't a "cart" option for me. I'm just checking out one of the 2.0 themes with the free trial version of Shopify. Do you think that is the problem?

I'm totally new to all of this and definitely in over my head right now!

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @LoveMeNotes 

Thank you for getting back to me.

This customization is for vintage Shopify themes ( such as Boundless, Brooklyn, Debut, Express, Minimal, Narrative, Supply, Venture ) and doesn't apply to Online Store 2.0 themes and the Simple theme.

So you should try with above-mentioned themes to do achieve this feature.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as a Solution.

Best regards.

banned
LoveMeNotes
Tourist
4 0 1

It's still not working. Do you know if there are features like that that I just can't access until I'm using a paid version?

AvadaCommerce
Shopify Partner
3879 839 951

Hi @LoveMeNotes 

I think that might be a problem because when I tried on my paid-plan store with different vintage themes, this feature was always there.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it as a Solution.

Best regards.

banned
LoveMeNotes
Tourist
4 0 1

Turns out, I was looking in the wrong place. But customer service helped me find the Cart page and then your instructions were perfect! Thank you!

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 220

Hey, @LoveMeNotes! Welcome to Shopify Community!

You can set up an option for customers to enter the messages they want on their postcards with the use of an app. There are several apps for this feature, however, I recommend Variant Option Product Options. I use this in my store and it works really well! Not only is the app free and easy to use, but it also comes with excellent support. If you need assistance with it or if you have any questions about it, you can contact their support team through the details under the Support section of the app listing.

Postcards are a perfect example of a product that can capture the interest of an international market. While we can connect to loved ones anywhere around the world through the internet, nothing compares to the thoughtful touch that comes with mailing a postcard. If you haven't set up your store to sell globally, I suggest looking into it. The Shopify platform is designed to help merchants easily expand or open to a global market so you'll have plenty of guidance to do so. Feel free to refer to the guides and articles below and use them as a guide for sending your postcards worldwide.

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

GOAT1
Visitor
3 0 0

@Summer 

Does the "King Product Options" app work with 2.0 themes?

AvisPlus
Shopify Partner
41 3 9

Hi @LoveMeNotes 
Molly here from the AvisPlus Product Options team. Just came across your post and I think our FREE app can show a textbox on the product page of your product (you can download and use it on a trial plan of Shopify too). It is specifically for each product also. Currently, the app hasn't got a message box in the cart, but we're hoping to develop it soon.
Feel free to let me know if you need further help: https://apps.shopify.com/avisplus-product-options 

AvisPlus Product Options - FREE APP to Increase conversion rate - Quick and easy custom product options - Swatches, radiobuttons, input fields and many more!

Say hi to us at: help@avisplus.io
If you find our replies helpful, click LIKE to let us know!

EasifyApps-Zoe
Shopify Partner
582 14 40

Hi @LoveMeNotes,

I see that it's been a while since you first raised the topic, and you've already received some suggestions. However, I'd like to offer another simpler solution that requires no coding 🤗Consider using the Easify Product Options app, which has a Free version that will be sufficient for setting up your custom options.

Here's a quick demonstration on how you can set it up:

• Create a new option set:

EasifyAppsZoe_0-1690191209577.png

• Add the Text Area option type and customize the details (option label, required, text length, placeholder, help text, info...) as you want:

EasifyAppsZoe_1-1690191291778.png

• Finally, assign the option set to your relevant postcard product(s), then the Text area will be automatically added to your selected product pages:

EasifyAppsZoe_2-1690191357909.png

The app provides an intuitive live preview, making it easy to use. Additionally, you have a choice of 25 different option types available in the app. Give it a try 😊!

EASIFY - MAKING SHOPIFY SIMPLE & SWEET!
Easify Product Options: Create custom product options 10X faster & easier!
Easify Product Attachments: Effortlessly add downloadable PDF files (or any other format) to Shopify pages!
Try for Free | 24/7 Live Chat Support