Dawn 2.0 Getting more than 24 products to display per page

Solved
skormy
Excursionist
16 3 1

I've been trying to figure out how get more than 24 products to display with the Dawn 2.0 theme.  I was able to find the variable in the liquid code, but it wouldn't allow me to change the value to anything greater than 24.  Is there a way to override this "hard" threshold.  Some categories have a few hundred products, and having over 15 pages almost guarantees that shoppers won't click through that many times.  Suggestions/workarounds appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (4)

Accepted Solutions
arshia_sheikh
Shopify Partner
51 17 9

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @skormy Hope you are Doing Well
You Can set the limit Max to 50 products per page. Dawn theme shows 4 products per row 
so, the max number of products to show must be multiple of 4 and less than 50 you can set the max value to 48 by changing "max": 24, to "max": 48, in main-collection-product-grid file

View solution in original post

MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
600 44 120

Hi @skormy,

I am Ani From https://www.task4store.com/  - Shopify Small & Custom Tasks Experts ( By MS Web Designer - Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore )

Here are the Solutions!

Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code

section->/main-collection-product-grid ->paste the below code at the bottom of the file.

{
      "type": "range",
      "id": "products_per_page",
      "min": 8,
      "max": 48,
      "step": 4,
      "default": 16,
      "label": "t:sections.main-collection-product-grid.settings.products_per_page.label"
    }

If you have any concerns feel free to ask me!

Regards,
Ani

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

skormy
Excursionist
16 3 1

@arshia_sheikh Thank you so much for the work around.  It worked perfectly.  So much appreciated.

skormy
Excursionist
16 3 1

Thank you so much @MS_WEB_DESIGNER for your response.  It worked perfectly.  Much appreciated.

Replies 6 (6)
kazi
Shopify Partner
324 64 66

Hello @skormy   did you try product grid option from customize > collection template?

dawn.png

☑️ If the answer solve your issue please ✔ Accept it and hit like ✌️

► Need help with theme customization, speed optimization, fix bugs?

► Email: Click here Skype: kof.bd
skormy
Excursionist
16 3 1

Yes, and the max products is 24.  That's why I'm trying to figure out if there's a workaround to have more than 24 products display.  Thanks.

arshia_sheikh
Shopify Partner
51 17 9

Hi @skormy Hope you are Doing Well
You Can set the limit Max to 50 products per page. Dawn theme shows 4 products per row 
so, the max number of products to show must be multiple of 4 and less than 50 you can set the max value to 48 by changing "max": 24, to "max": 48, in main-collection-product-grid file

MS_WEB_DESIGNER
Shopify Expert
600 44 120

Hi @skormy,

I am Ani From https://www.task4store.com/  - Shopify Small & Custom Tasks Experts ( By MS Web Designer - Top Rated Shopify Certified Experts and eCommerce Consultant from Singapore )

Here are the Solutions!

Go to Online Store->Theme->Edit code

section->/main-collection-product-grid ->paste the below code at the bottom of the file.

{
      "type": "range",
      "id": "products_per_page",
      "min": 8,
      "max": 48,
      "step": 4,
      "default": 16,
      "label": "t:sections.main-collection-product-grid.settings.products_per_page.label"
    }

If you have any concerns feel free to ask me!

Regards,
Ani

MS Web Designer  | Top Rated Shopify Experts in Singapore
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1500+ Happy Clients

Want to Improve Shopify Store Speed, Redesign or custom changes, or Small tweaks on store hire me.Try Our Free Shopify App
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

skormy
Excursionist
16 3 1

@arshia_sheikh Thank you so much for the work around.  It worked perfectly.  So much appreciated.

skormy
Excursionist
16 3 1

Thank you so much @MS_WEB_DESIGNER for your response.  It worked perfectly.  Much appreciated.