dawn collections pages modifications linked

Solved
Lea_culpa
2 0 0

Hello ! I work on Dawn theme and have several collections in the dropdown lists of my menu, they are displayed correctly but each one seems to be linked in a way I don't understand : when I try to modify a page displaying a collection (I want to add a 'banner with image' section above each collection, with a different title and image for each collection), the modification on the page is applied directly on all the pages with collections, whatever they are. How to modify these collection pages independently of each other? Thanks for your answers.

Accepted Solution (1)

Accepted Solutions
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3419 224 657

This is an accepted solution.

Templates are for resources, so if you in the theme visual editor and customizing a collection page you are modifying the template for ALL collections that use that template.

To have custom designer PER collection make alternative template's

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os20/theme-structure/templates#create-a-new-t...

And remember when you make an alternative template you need to go to the resources admin(product,collection) you want to use that alternative template and apply it, or use the bulk editor.

Join the discussion - What was learned this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
3419 224 657

This is an accepted solution.

Templates are for resources, so if you in the theme visual editor and customizing a collection page you are modifying the template for ALL collections that use that template.

To have custom designer PER collection make alternative template's

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/themes/os20/theme-structure/templates#create-a-new-t...

And remember when you make an alternative template you need to go to the resources admin(product,collection) you want to use that alternative template and apply it, or use the bulk editor.

Join the discussion - What was learned this Black Friday?

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a ☕ Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

View solution in original post

Lea_culpa
2 0 0

Thanks a lot, it works perfectly