FROM CACHE - en_header

Dawn Theme 2.0: Disable auto variant selection

Sue2640
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello everyone.  Can anyone tell me how/or help me to disable the automatic variant selection on the product page?  I am using Dawn 2.0 but all the info I can see on this relates to non 2.0 themes.  

I want to make sure that the large product image is the one that I select and not the automatically selected variant.

(I am not experienced in web- coding so I have a sense that I am going to need more help than advice.)

Many thanks and regards

Sue 

Replies 9 (9)
mw312
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Same issue. Has anyone figured this out?

Sue2640
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi there MW312.  Shopify couldn't help, and I got no response from the community on this one.  I had to get some code written and inserted into my website.  I used an expert called Mayur Fuletra.  He solved the problem quickly and completely for less than $50.  And the fix applied to all existing products and to new products that I have uploaded since.

Good luck. 

Sue 

PerArne
Excursionist
30 0 13

Hi Sue

So you have the contact information for the person you used for this modification? I contacted a person I found after I googled Mayur Fuletra. He replied me and said he hasn't done it for Dawn but for other themes. He thought he would be able to do it but it would cost around 80 usd.

I don't believe this is the same person as you mention above...?

rebelboyl
3 0 0

Hi PerArne, did you manage to find the right person? I need to resolve the same challenge too.

rebelboyl
3 0 0

Hi Sue, can you advise who is the right person to go to for this? Thanks.

rebelboyl
3 0 0

Hi Mw312, have you resolved it?

Sue2640
Tourist
8 0 2

Hi there.

I definitely used Mayur Fuletra from the Shopify experts.  I can only think he had forgotten when PerArne contacted him.   I would send him the request and see whether he will do it and for how much.  I believe his fees have increased but his solution worked perfectly and still does.   I passed this info on but i don't know whether PerArne used him  in the end.   Regards

PerArne
Excursionist
30 0 13

Hi

I can confirm Mayur Fuletra has a snippet that works for this, but we are not using it. The problem is that we are going to use Rebuy's smart cart drawer and Mayur's code didn't work together with it. I believe the first variant is selected with Mayur but he has a code that forces the user to select custom variant. With our 1.0 theme no variant were selected at all.

So in most cases Mayur's code will work just fine, but for us it didn't... 😊

Sue2640
Tourist
8 0 2
Ah OK. Interesting. Thanks for this.