Solved

Debut Theme- Remove Collection Title

gofuturefresh
Excursionist
86 1 4

I already placed a banner on the Collection Page so I want to remove the Collection Title so that it won't be redundant.

Here's the URL

https://go-future-fresh.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage

Accepted Solution (1)

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

This is an accepted solution.

Hello  

Add this css at the end of file
Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

header.collection-header h1 {
 display: none;
}
Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing

View solution in original post

Replies 57 (57)

shopify-dev-05
Explorer
70 5 8

Hello gofuturefresh,

Add this css to theme.scss.liquid

.collection-header .section-header h1 {
    display: none;
}
-Want to customize or make changes to a theme? Hire me.
-If my reply was helpful, Click Like to let me know!
- If your question was answered, Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
hpilearning
Visitor
2 0 0

I added this snippet on theme.scss.liquid on debut but nothing changed, is there something I am missing? 

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hello 
Can you share your site url?
So that i will check your site and give you solution here.
There may be different css for your site.

Get pass your Store Core Web Vital Free Speed Optimization Audit, Chat on WhatsApp | Skype : oscprofessionals-87 | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Custom Pricing Wholesale App : Free | Hire us | Guaranteed Site Speed Optimization | Website Free Audit | Shopify Theme Customization | Build Shopify Private App | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing
hpilearning
Visitor
2 0 0

https://health-plus-inc.myshopify.com/

temp code: cookie

Trying to remove the title so it only shows the image on the collection. (specifically on the home page as you scroll down to 'find by category' i want the titles off of those images as well as the category page if possible/necessary ) 

Do you also know how to remove a dark overlay on the 'gallery' input section? Thank you in advance! 

DerBlaueVogel
Tourist
10 0 0

@oscprofessional 

Hi there,

I am struggling with the same thing: trying to remove the titles in the collection header pictures of the debut theme. I tried the proposed snippets to include at the end of the theme liquid file, but it didn't work.

Any ideas? Thank you so much!

https://www.derblauevogel.com/collections/einzelne-perlenbretter

Claudia 

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hello DerBlaueVogel,
Please share the screenshot of which collections title you want to remove.

DerBlaueVogel
Tourist
10 0 0

@oscprofessional 

Hi there,

I actually want to remove all titles in the header pictures, since I have an extra title inserted below them.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-11-05 um 08.18.44.png 

Many thanks and regards,

Claudia

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Add this css at the bottom of
Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

#shopify-section-collection-template h1.collection-hero__title.page-width {
}
DerBlaueVogel
Tourist
10 0 0

@oscprofessional 

EDIT: I USED THE WRONG FILE! IT WORKS NOW! THANK YOU!!!

KatyLee
Explorer
48 0 18

Hi,

I would also like to hide collection page title on mobile view as well. Could you please provide the code? 

Thanks in advance. 

Katy

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

This is an accepted solution.

Hello  

Add this css at the end of file
Online Store-> Themes -> Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

header.collection-header h1 {
 display: none;
}
gofuturefresh
Excursionist
86 1 4

Thanks

waldaandwhite
Visitor
1 0 0

This didnt work for me 😞 but perhaps im not looking at the right answer or question. 

I want to remove the blank space where the collection titles used to be. 

From the photo attached you will see the blank space I am talking about where the collection titles used to be displayed.

Hope someone can help! ❤️Screen Shot 2020-01-09 at 10.33.15 PM.png

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@waldaandwhite,

Please share site url and password so that I will help you

jasonR
Visitor
2 0 1

None of those syntax were working for me. But I did figure it out by inspecting the website and found that this is what works.

header.section-header.text-center h1 {
}

I tried it and it worked!!!

JasonR

Nanakal
Excursionist
26 1 3

it did not work for me. anyone figured out another way?

Man-yee
Visitor
2 0 0

#shopify-section-collection-template .section-header h1 {
}

AlanW1980
Tourist
3 1 1

I can't get this to work for my shopify site using debut theme.  I tried all the suggestions given in this thread 😞

www.mypuppyprints.com is the url

thanks

Man-yee
Visitor
2 0 0

online store > theme > action > edit code > assets > theme.scss.liquid > scroll down to bottom and add👇 > save.        Good Luck!

#shopify-section-collection-template .section-header h1 {
}

BAMFAM
Visitor
2 0 0

THAT WORKED! @jasonR 

now to figure out ho to remove blank space left behind.

jasonR
Visitor
2 0 1

header.section-header.text-center h1 {
}

simoneedream
Visitor
3 0 0

I tried all the codes none of them work .

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hello simoneedream,
Please share your site url.
So that i can check and let you know the exact solution here.

eddyzp
Excursionist
23 0 7

hello,

same issue 

have tried all the codes above, nothing worked

please, advise

th.psylofshion.com

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hello eddyzp,
Please share the screenshot of which collection titles you want to remove.

eddyzp
Excursionist
23 0 7

I wanted to remove all Collection Titles

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

To remove collection title on collection pages.
Add this css at the bottom of
Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

#shopify-section-collection-template .collection-hero__title.page-width {
}
eddyzp
Excursionist
23 0 7

Cool! You super professional!!

It worked! Thank you

ChyllCBD
Tourist
10 0 2

Hello, I have tried multiple different suggestions on this site for removing the title over the Collections page. I notice that all of the suggestions state to edit the Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid, but my code says theme.css, no extra "s" or ".liquid".

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hi ChyllCBD,
Please share your site url.

Sourcemt
5 0 0

hi mate, i have the same issue I want to remove the collection list title but cant my asset file is named theme.css.liquid

site url https://source-mt.myshopify.com/ pass 12345678

LaBomba1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi i tried all the previous codes to remove title from the collection list on my home page and none of them worked for me , can you pls help e 

here is my link : https://la-bomba-uk.myshopify.com/

password : labomba

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hi @LaBomba1 ,

Can you share the screenshot please?

Thanks !

LaBomba1
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi here is the screenshot , my url is https://la-bomba-uk.myshopify.com/ / password: labomba

SHOPIFY COLLECTION TITILE .png

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hi @LaBomba1 ,

#shopify-section-1630452614f9c7e956 .collection-grid-item__title.h3 {
}

Add this css at the bottom of Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Assets->theme.scss.liquid

PascalR
Shopify Partner
39 0 6

Hello i also like to delete the title in gold of collections :

https://www.1001extensions.com/

Regards

Pascal

Capture.GIF

oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@PascalR,

Please share the exact url I did not find this banner.

PascalR
Shopify Partner
39 0 6
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@PascalR 

Is it on home page ?

PascalR
Shopify Partner
39 0 6
no it is in page collections
https://www.1001extensions.com/collections/accessoires

each time you go on a collection page, you have the title of the collection
in gold center in the screen. I should like to delete this
regards
pascal
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@PascalR ,

#shopify-section-collection__banner h1.banner__heading.title {
}

Add this css at the bottom of Online Store->Theme->Edit code->Assets->style.scss.liquid

PascalR
Shopify Partner
39 0 6
Great it works perfectly.
Thanks a lot
Pascal
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

@PascalR ,

If it is helpful then  accept the solution ..

PascalR
Shopify Partner
39 0 6

i liked but i dont know how to accept

BAMFAM
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi can someone please call me regarding this chat? I think there’s a
possible cyber threat on my online store
sdc-watches
Tourist
9 0 4

this solution works for mobile website, but not online webpage. Any fixes for this problem?

JJems
Visitor
1 0 0

I am trying to do the same thing as LaBomba1.  I am assuming the code you gave is user specific?

simoneedream
Visitor
3 0 0
oscprofessional
Shopify Partner
15830 2369 3071

Hello simoneedream,
Your site is password protected.
Please share your store password.