'Delivery Instructions' liquid variable missing from Packing Slips

williamoconnor
Shopify Partner
12 1 8

There does not appear to be a documented way of accessing the 'Delivery Instructions' field of an order when a customer checks out with Local Delivery as shipping method. This is missing in the native packing slip and also the Custom Packing Slip app by Shopify. There does not appear to be a liquid variable available to include this on our packing slips

Is this on Shopify backlog to add or is the packing slip feature dead?

Replies 8 (8)

pinkgerbil
Shopify Partner
12 0 2

I have the same issue but only with Shopify's Order Printer which refuses to include delivery instructions - however the default packing slip template on Shopify includes this. Code below

{{ delivery_method.instructions }}

jgthom01
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi, Shopify amateur here, where would you place the above line of code as I am interested in this appearing on our packing slip as well. Cheers

chezjoy
Tourist
8 0 10

Yes I just found the variables are not working for order printer

Shopify please add it into order printer please.

jgthom01
Tourist
3 0 1

Any movement on this? I'd love to hear about this as we'd love to utilize this in our processes

pinkgerbil
Shopify Partner
12 0 2
Yeah pretty disappointing Shopify don’t at least comment.
vandanabharti
Shopify Expert
6 0 0

Using  {{ delivery_method.instructions }} variable, I didn't get any output, Any one have solution of this?

slowfoodie
Visitor
1 0 0

I spent ages on this, but this simple code seemed to do the trick!

Delivery instructions
</p>
<p class="notes-details">
{{ delivery_method.instructions }}
</p>
</div>
{% endif %}

Good luck!

ter
5 0 0

Hi Slowfoodie, I am trying the code you have listed but it's not working. The {% endif %} doesn't have a starting 'if' and the </div> seems wrong, etc. Is there perhaps more code that didn't show up in your sample above? Thanks!