Solved

Developers needed - When variant is out of stock then user can send a request email

Karolisp
Excursionist
16 1 3

Hi

I would like to add a feature on an out-of-stock variant that a customer can send an email to request the size needed.

Would be amazing that the email would prepopulate the subject and body with the variant that is out of stock.

The site is: https://shop.alexpastorkiteclub.com/

Venture Theme

Thanks

Accepted Solution (1)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You can follow this tutorial here to add a back in stock notification form to your site

When a customer uses the form to submit their email address, you will be sent information about the product that they are interested in. Currently, with this method, you would manually need to reply to the emails that have been sent to you in regards to the out of stock product. 

If you're not a big coder, and you'd like a free way to reply to customers who want to be notified when products are back in stock, the below method can be used as a workaround:  

1. Set up a filter for your inbox where the 'notify me' emails are being sent. Here are some instructions for Gmail on filtering messages (Each inbox varies slightly, use keywords that relate to the product name.)
2. Use the Email Address Extractor (If you're using Gmail) to give you a list of emails on a Google Sheet.
3. Upload the email list to service such as MailChimp.
4. Send out a mass email notifying all the customers who submitted a form about that particular product.

Alternatively, you can use an app such as Back in Stock, Back in Stock Alerts, Stockify and In-Stock Alerts. These apps let customers signup for in-stock notifications and sends an email notifying them when you restock.

let me know if this works for you. If yes: accept my answer and give me a thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

OpenThinking
Shopify Partner
321 81 120

This is an accepted solution.

Hi there,
Jack from OpenThinking here!

You can follow this tutorial here to add a back in stock notification form to your site

When a customer uses the form to submit their email address, you will be sent information about the product that they are interested in. Currently, with this method, you would manually need to reply to the emails that have been sent to you in regards to the out of stock product. 

If you're not a big coder, and you'd like a free way to reply to customers who want to be notified when products are back in stock, the below method can be used as a workaround:  

1. Set up a filter for your inbox where the 'notify me' emails are being sent. Here are some instructions for Gmail on filtering messages (Each inbox varies slightly, use keywords that relate to the product name.)
2. Use the Email Address Extractor (If you're using Gmail) to give you a list of emails on a Google Sheet.
3. Upload the email list to service such as MailChimp.
4. Send out a mass email notifying all the customers who submitted a form about that particular product.

Alternatively, you can use an app such as Back in Stock, Back in Stock Alerts, Stockify and In-Stock Alerts. These apps let customers signup for in-stock notifications and sends an email notifying them when you restock.

let me know if this works for you. If yes: accept my answer and give me a thumbs up! Thank you.

️ Get our [Shopify Themes]: Lightning-fast, eye-catching, highly converting, SEO-optimised, Minimal.
Struggling with CODE? You need a Shopify expert to help you with your theme! [Get a free quote]
Zworthkey
Shopify Partner
5581 642 1569

@Karolisp 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
Thanks for your good question.

We always happy to help you. we will fix it by the custom coding without using any recurring charge of app.
it's one-time investment.
Here is our Mail: sales@zworthkey.com and ravirajzworthkey@gmail.com

Whatsapp no. +918400998451.
official website: www.zworthkey.com/shopify-services

Mus1
Visitor
1 0 0

Can you please just let me know the first step how to create the forms when the product is out of stock? @OpenThinking