Solved

Disconnect domain from closed shop

aftab4004
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Team,

I Want to Remove My Domain Name From a Closed Shopify Store. How to do it Please?

Accepted Solution (1)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @aftab4004! Welcome to Shopify Community!

We'd love to help you remove your domain from the closed store. If you own the store and you don't have any outstanding invoices, we can look into providing you temporary access so you can remove the domain if it's a third-party one, or transfer the domain if it's a Shopify-managed one. If you have an outstanding invoice, this needs to be settled and the store needs to be reactivated so you can gain access and remove or transfer the domain.

If you don't own the store and need the domain removed before you can connect it to your own, we can remove the domain on your behalf after we verify your domain ownership.

In order for us to help you with any of the above, we'll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

After visiting the link and logging in, you'll be prompted to select the topic of your concern so we can connect you to the right articles and support team. Once you do, you'll be able to find the options for support below the help docs that are presented to you.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Summer | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @aftab4004! Welcome to Shopify Community!

We'd love to help you remove your domain from the closed store. If you own the store and you don't have any outstanding invoices, we can look into providing you temporary access so you can remove the domain if it's a third-party one, or transfer the domain if it's a Shopify-managed one. If you have an outstanding invoice, this needs to be settled and the store needs to be reactivated so you can gain access and remove or transfer the domain.

If you don't own the store and need the domain removed before you can connect it to your own, we can remove the domain on your behalf after we verify your domain ownership.

In order for us to help you with any of the above, we'll need to access your account. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit https://bit.ly/3cJkx8V and log in to your account to create a support request.

After visiting the link and logging in, you'll be prompted to select the topic of your concern so we can connect you to the right articles and support team. Once you do, you'll be able to find the options for support below the help docs that are presented to you.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

SikandariBT
Visitor
3 0 0

This isn't the solution at all. The Shopify Support team gives me awful experience, and they are very incapable of solving problems. I had two issues since the last week and I kept talking to Shopify Store. They had no clue how they gonna resolve it but putting me ahead to do some additional work myself and raising my query to business team who never replied me back since 4 - 5 days.

Very sadly to say, it seems shopify support team is there to chit chat the problem only without composing the solution for it.

Summer
Shopify Staff
1290 316 222

I'm sorry to hear you had an unfavorable experience, @SikandariBT. While our standard email response time is 1-3 business days, it can take longer due to unforeseen increases in support ticket volumes. Please rest assured our escalated team will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience!