Solved

Display the selected pickup location on "New Order' email notification

JonnySherlock
Tourist
8 0 2

Hello community!

I'm really struggling to customise the new order emails for my staff to get the "pickup" order at the correct location.

I've got this code, but the Store/Location variables don't work...

<p><b>Order Number: </b> {{ name }}</p>

<p><b>Order Type: {{attributes['Order Fulfillment Type']}} from {{attributes['Store Name']}} {{attributes['Location Name']}} </b></p>

Would anyone have the correct workaround for me to replace these variable with the correct one for the Store Location the customer chooses at the fulfilment section of checkout?

Thanks!!

Accepted Solution (1)
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JonnySherlock,

I checked and found no code to add that for the cart. 

Do you have the app installed to add this? 

You just need to contact them and describe, they will add the code for you. Or you can manually add input for the cart page, after the customer input it, it will be displayed in email.

Hope it is clear to you.

If it helped you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

LitExtension - Shopping Cart Migration Expert
Check out our Shopify migration app to migrate your online store to Shopify

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

Hi @JonnySherlock,

I checked your store and didn't find the attributes Store Name and Location Name. 

It only includes: Order Due Date, Order Due Time, Translated Order Due Date, Translated Order Due Time, Order Fulfillment Type, Order Additional Details.

That's why it can't display an attribute that doesn't exist.

Hope it is clear to you.

JonnySherlock
Tourist
8 0 2
Hey, thanks for your reply and for checking my store. I do appreciate it.

How would I go about creating these attributes so they can appear on my email template?

I assumed that these would be somewhere within the website coding as they are the names of my 2 pickup points.

Thank you in advance for your help.
LitExtension
Shopify Partner
4860 1001 1132

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @JonnySherlock,

I checked and found no code to add that for the cart. 

Do you have the app installed to add this? 

You just need to contact them and describe, they will add the code for you. Or you can manually add input for the cart page, after the customer input it, it will be displayed in email.

Hope it is clear to you.

If it helped you solve your issue, please mark it as a solution. Thank you and good luck.

JonnySherlock
Tourist
8 0 2

Thanks for your help!

Yes I made contact with the app developer and they've assisted with the code.

I was looking on the next page of the Checkout procedure whereby you select Delivery or Pick Up and then choose the location I'd set up in Shopify > Settings > Locations.

Thank you again for your help, I do appreciate it!

CPicke
Tourist
3 0 4

Hi Johnny, 

I have the same question. Were you able to modify the new order notification for your staff so they get notified via email when there is an order for pickup at their location?

Thanks.

JonnySherlock
Tourist
8 0 2
Hello!

So I found out that it wasn’t possible to have those variables within the email notification. Even though they are Shopify variables!!

I had to use a 3rd party plug in called “In Store Pickup Local Delivery” which then allowed me to add functionality to the site. This included the option for the customer to choose their location to pick up with hour slots.

Hope this helps.