Solved

Display variants as own products (Brooklyn Theme)

BonoboEarl
Excursionist
13 1 8

Hey! First of all: I know this topic has been discussed alot, but no matter what type of solution I am trying, it doesnt seem to work for me. 

Heres what I want to do: 

Have links to collections on my starting page. Every product in the collection has multiple variants (color). I want to display every variant with a different color as its own product. 

So far, so simple. 

I´ve tried the following guide: 

https://dylanjh.com/blogs/19-show-all-products-as-separate-variants-on-the-collection-page-of-the-br...

Sadly, using this detailed guide I have one problem that I myself cant solve due to lack of coding experience. 

The problem I am having using this: 

On the linked collection page, theres now one (the first) variant showing multiple times, instead of the different variants once each. So I basically have one variant displayed 10 times and the other variants 0 times. (added a picture so you can better understand). 

Is there anyone who has had a similar problem/has an idea on how to fix this? I myself am sadly stuck atm. 

I appreciate any kind of help! Thanks alot 

forum question 2.PNG

Accepted Solution (1)

BonoboEarl
Excursionist
13 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

In case anyone ever has a similar problem, here is what worked for me: 

Seems like the tutorial is a bit outdated, since it was published in 2019. For that reason, it doesnt work when you select the Grid style as "Collage" on your collection page. 

To fix: 

Change the Grid style from "collage" to "Grid" on your collection page. 

(Category Pages -> Grid type -> Grid)

View solution in original post

Replies 2 (2)

PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
6274 573 1319

This is hard problem you should hire help for as your not going to get an easy fix unless someone happens by that's done that exact same mistake with that exact same theme and exact same internet tutorial.

To debug that a tutorial like that and problem like that you'd have to describe everything you've done exactly which is laborious for another person to troubleshoot through. So someone with experience needs to step through your theme to see what went wrong.

For DIY a first step is installing a fresh theme copy and retry the tutorial to attempt a different result.

Goodluck.

Save time & money ,Ask Questions The Smart Way

Confused? Busy? Get the solution you need paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com

Problem Solved? ✔Accept and Like solutions to help future merchants

Answers powered by coffee Buy Paul a Coffee for more answers or donate to eff.org

BonoboEarl
Excursionist
13 1 8

This is an accepted solution.

In case anyone ever has a similar problem, here is what worked for me: 

Seems like the tutorial is a bit outdated, since it was published in 2019. For that reason, it doesnt work when you select the Grid style as "Collage" on your collection page. 

To fix: 

Change the Grid style from "collage" to "Grid" on your collection page. 

(Category Pages -> Grid type -> Grid)