Did I successfully purchase a domain on Shopify?

momo191
Visitor
2 0 0

hey,

i bought a domain name about an hour ago but can't find it anywhere and it's not giving me any proof that i bought it except for an email and a bill.

when i want to add the domain it says (you can purchase this domain for 14 dollars ) but i just did purchase it an hour ago.

anyone than can help?

thank you.

Reply 1 (1)

Kimi
Shopify Staff
1511 169 258

Hi, @momo191!

Thanks for reaching out about this.

Just to clarify, if you navigate to your Shopify admin's Settings > Billing page, is there a successful charge for the domain, or does it show that the domain purchase was refunded?

There are some known, but rare, instances where a domain is bought but the system will automatically refund the domain purchase. You will still receive an email confirmation and bill of the domain purchase, but the funds were never taken from your credit card on file.

To fix this issue, and to look into your domain further, we would need to access your account. At this stage, we aren't able to provide account-specific support within our Shopify Community Forums, but we'd like to continue helping you. You can visit our Help Centre here, and log in to your account to create a support request with our Support Team. From there, our internal team will be able to continue assisting you with your domain queries.

Once your domain issues have been resolved, it's also a good idea to set up a custom domain email address. This will allow your business to appear more professional, which will then strengthen trust with prospective customers. While Shopify doesn't currently offer email hosting natively on our platform, if you're just starting out, a popular choice to help with setting up your custom email address is Zoho Mail. Otherwise, Google Workspace is also a commonly used provider for hosting your custom email.

Just a note on your Community Forum post here too, seeing as you've reached out to us in English I've moved this post onto our English Forum board. It'll help others within our English Community Forum to troubleshoot this issue too, in case they ever run into a similar issue that you're currently experiencing.

Let me know if you have any questions about the information above! I'd be happy to further help.

Kimi | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog