Domain Not working

amz2020
6 0 0

My website was working just fine. Suddenly i am receiving this message when i try to open it

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

All are showing as connected on my shopify domain page, DNS settings also seem correct. Need help please

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
311 49 62

Hi, @amz2020.

Thank you for your message, I can certainly understand the importance of ensuring your domain works correctly and would be happy to help out!

Have you recently purchase your domain, or have you owned it for some time? If you recently purchased it, there is a chance it is not correctly set up yet. If you have had the domain for a while, then there is also the possibility that this error is appearing because the domain was not verified from the email you should have received when it was purchased. If this is the case, you would need to get that email re-sent to prevent domain suspensions down the road. 

To fix a domain suspension and re-send your verification email, please follow these steps"

1. In your admin head to Online Store/Domains
  2. Click your "root" domain - This is the domain without the "www."
  3. Click resend email:

1. If you do not see this, then this means your email has bounced and you will then need to click on "edit" next to Registrar Information and update the email on file. Once you do that a new verification email will automatically be sent.
  2. Once you've verified the domain, it should bring the domain back online within a few minutes.

If after the above steps have been taken, and you are still having this issue. I would recommend, clearing your browser cookies/cache/history and refreshing your page, I would also check to see if you are getting the domain error on any other browsers you may have.

If you are still stuck, I would recommend reaching out to our support directly so they can take a closer look at the issue. While we’re not able to provide account-specific support via the Shopify Community at this time, we’d be happy to continue assisting you through live chat, email, or callback. Please visit our Help center here and log in to your account to create a support request.

Please feel free to reach back out here if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to chat.

Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. Thanks!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
amz2020
6 0 0

Thanks for your help. I did as you mentioned and still no luck. I’m not sure what the issue is as all domains are enabled , also I am not receiving verification emails even though I’ve changed the email to one that I’m using 

0 Likes
Marty
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
311 49 62

Hi, @amz2020.

Thank you for trying out those troubleshooting steps, I am sorry to hear you are still having this issue.

Are you able to share your store URL with me here so I can take a look at the link? If you have not tried yet, I would also recommend visiting the URL via your mobile phone using your data rather than your WIFI at home, do you still get the same error?

You mentioned that the domains are all enabled, just to clarify, in your admin under Online store>Domains you do not see any errors or notifications in this area?

Please feel free to reach back out here with that further context and a link to your storefront and I would be happy to take a closer look!

Marty | Social Care @ Shopify
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes