Solved

What should I do if my purchased domain is already taken on Shopify?

lirontaltal11
Visitor
2 0 0

i bought a domain and when im enter to shopify to transfer the domain its sayes that the domain is already taken what should i do 

Accepted Solution (1)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @lirontaltal11!

If you are seeing a message on your admin 'A store with that domain name already exists' then to fix this error you will need to get in contact with our live support here  via phone, chat, or email. You will be required to provide proof that you have ownership of the domain that you're trying to connect. Once ownership has been verified, then we can help you get to the next step by connecting the domain to your store.

Please note, we are unable to access account specifics from here ourselves, so your best bet is to get in touch with live support. Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

How are things going with the rest of your website? If you're looking for the next steps to grow your business further, you may be interested in our video courses on Shopify Learn right here! This is a free resource for you to learn about anything from marketing to store design. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as you'll find many tips and strategies from experts in different fields.
As always, should any questions arise, be sure to reach out to us!

Maz | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 3 (3)

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @lirontaltal11!

If you are seeing a message on your admin 'A store with that domain name already exists' then to fix this error you will need to get in contact with our live support here  via phone, chat, or email. You will be required to provide proof that you have ownership of the domain that you're trying to connect. Once ownership has been verified, then we can help you get to the next step by connecting the domain to your store.

Please note, we are unable to access account specifics from here ourselves, so your best bet is to get in touch with live support. Since this is the next step I've marked this reply as the solution for the benefit of others who may discover this topic. 

How are things going with the rest of your website? If you're looking for the next steps to grow your business further, you may be interested in our video courses on Shopify Learn right here! This is a free resource for you to learn about anything from marketing to store design. I highly recommend taking advantage of this as you'll find many tips and strategies from experts in different fields.
As always, should any questions arise, be sure to reach out to us!

lirontaltal11
Visitor
2 0 0

hi its not letting me enter the live chat

Maz
Shopify Staff
1161 129 178

Hey @lirontaltal11!

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing support! I can understand how important this is for you, so let's try to get you connected with our live support team who can troubleshoot your account for you. This is not a site wide problem, and so I am thinking it must be connected to your device. If you follow the steps on this video exactly, at what point specifically are you running into a difficulty in accessing our support?