Solved

Draft Orders: Complete Your Purchase Link has disappeared

Jamie_Grove
Excursionist
31 0 51

Hey, folks.

We use draft orders daily and typically we build the order, hit send invoice, and then grab the link that shows up on the review invoice page. We send a copy of this link to the customer through our own CS app so that we have a record of it.

Today, that link has disappeared.

The review still functions but all of the links are non-functional. If I go ahead and send the invoice, the link will show up in the email that Shopify sends but I have no way of getting to that cart myself now.

Anyone else use the same workflow and have the same issue? My guess is someone pushed some code last night to remove these links from the preview.

Accepted Solution (1)

mombil
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I emailed the support and was given a quick and helpful answer:

"Having said that, I have confirmed that the removal of hyperlinks from draft order invoice previews was an intentional update that has been made by our developers, and the new workflow that you are experiencing is now an expected behavior.

Going forward, a workaround that can be used is installing a json formatter browser extension which you can use to search for and copy the invoice_url parameter via the command or ctrl + f search function. Here is a link to an available json formatter extension that you can install.

Essentially, what you can do going forward is to add .json to the end of the URL when viewing a draft order, then use the search function (command or ctrl + f) to search for invoice_url."

View solution in original post

Replies 5 (5)

MilMac
Visitor
2 0 0

Same problem. In the review window for draft orders, when I right click on the link the ability to "copy the link" is missing. I noticed about 3 days ago.  Need 🙂

mombil
Tourist
3 1 1

Same issue, can someone from Shopify take a look at this? We need this to be fixed quickly. Thanks!

mombil
Tourist
3 1 1

This is an accepted solution.

I emailed the support and was given a quick and helpful answer:

"Having said that, I have confirmed that the removal of hyperlinks from draft order invoice previews was an intentional update that has been made by our developers, and the new workflow that you are experiencing is now an expected behavior.

Going forward, a workaround that can be used is installing a json formatter browser extension which you can use to search for and copy the invoice_url parameter via the command or ctrl + f search function. Here is a link to an available json formatter extension that you can install.

Essentially, what you can do going forward is to add .json to the end of the URL when viewing a draft order, then use the search function (command or ctrl + f) to search for invoice_url."

Jamie_Grove
Excursionist
31 0 51

Thanks for sharing that info! 

For any Shopify folks reading this: If you did it for security purposes, that's "ok" but if it was just a dev choice I'd recommend reversing it because the links were useful.

MilMac
Visitor
2 0 0

Same as Jamie_grove .. was useful ; if possible reverse code