Solved

Why am I seeing two dropdowns for one product variant on Shopify?

dopetestkit
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

I'm using the Simple theme and ever since I added 2 options for 1 product variant (size), I'm seeing two drop downs on the product page but there should be only one dropdown with 2 options listed (180 tests and 90 tests). How do I correct this?

Accepted Solution (1)
Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@dopetestkit 

Hmm! That is very strange. You have it set up correctly from what I can see. The only other thing I could think would cause this is modifications to the theme. However; if you haven't made any changes to the code, then I would recommend contacting Shopify Support so our Themes team can take a look at this. You can contact support by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@dopetestkit 

You would only need the one option "size" and have two variants options. It should look similar to this: 

08-23-76075-92822

Removing the second "option" and setting it up as you see it in the above image should give you the results you're looking for. 

dopetestkit
Visitor
2 0 0

Thanks @Trevor. I did the same, but still see two dropdowns. www.dopetestkit is my store. Can you please help?

PFA the screenshot. 

shopify_ss.png

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

This is an accepted solution.

@dopetestkit 

Hmm! That is very strange. You have it set up correctly from what I can see. The only other thing I could think would cause this is modifications to the theme. However; if you haven't made any changes to the code, then I would recommend contacting Shopify Support so our Themes team can take a look at this. You can contact support by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

southelrymade
Visitor
1 0 0

What is the fix for this? Every other product I add is doing the same thing. I have the same simple theme.

Trevor
Community Moderator
3391 459 979

@southelrymade 

If the above steps don't help resolve the issue, then I would recommend contacting Shopify Support as you're using a Shopify free theme. You can do this by logging into your store through the help center, searching your question/issue, then selecting "continue" at the bottom of the page that displays the search results. 

InclusiveVan
Tourist
4 0 2

I've got the exact same issue and I've searched everywhere on the shopify discussions and on google and can't find any fix at all.

ColesBalloons
Excursionist
18 1 3
Have your items got the variants listed and what theme are you using ?
InclusiveVan
Tourist
4 0 2

found a fix for it and got it working thank you, invisible HTML in the description 

XueGao
Tourist
6 1 0

Thank you, same problem here.