How to change DYMO 4Xl label orientation on Safari for MAC?

Jeff869565
Visitor
2 0 2

I purchased the recommended label printer DYMO 4xl for my MAC. It's maddening I can't figure out how to easily print shipping labels.  The web page generates then as landscape. They need to bed portrait like inn the test label from Shopify shipping help page. I've read the other posts of similar problems. Has anyone figured this out?  I saw one post where she selected print options when buying the label.  But, can those be changed after the label is purchased?  This shoulder not be this difficult in today's age. It's maddening. Thank you for any help. 

Replies 6 (6)

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

You can switch between portrait and landscape on any print job by editing your computer's print settings. This is what it looks like on my Mac:

I just click on the dropdown box to toggle between the two options. As you can see, I'm using a Dymo label printer as well.

This guide explains how to edit the printer settings on a Window's computer.

Is everything else working smoothly with your store?

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Jeff869565
Visitor
2 0 2

Thank you for the reply.  After some more reading I discovered the problem was indeed that I had no selected the correct print option when I purchased the label.  It was set for 8.5 x 11, not 4x6.  That being said, I never found a way to change it once it was selected and the purchase of the label completed.  Buying subsequent labels with the proper print option selected solved the problem.  

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

You always have the option to re-print shipping labels and can use the correct orientation next time. You didn't need to re-purchase. 

You can void the labels you didn't use. It won't be refunded as such but a credit will automatically be applied to your account which you can use towards future shipping labels. 

SageCentauress
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi - 

I have this same issue, but I cannot change the shipping label format - I don't have an option. I already purchased the labels and will have to void them.

Aria
Shopify Staff (Retired)
853 34 332

Hey, @SageCentauress!

Is it the size of the label you're trying to change or something else? The more information you can give me on the difficulty you're having, the easier it is for me to point you in the right direction. 

This guide has information on how to change the shipping label size, depending on which country you're in. 

STOKEACK
Visitor
2 1 1

After wasting hours trying to figure this out I saw someone recommend using shipping station in conjunction with shopify and it worked, the orders import to shipping station and you buy postage there and they print out perfectly.  Wish I didn't have to add that extra step, but I tried everything that was suggested on all the related chats about this, no luck.