Email Alias or Forwarding

tonyvaloz
Shopify Partner
53 0 19

Dear friends, 

I would like to know how to set up an email alias or email forwarding.

Note: my domain was not purchased from Shopify but Goddady

domain: forexpoly.com

Thank you for any help that I can get

best regards

tony

Replies 2 (2)
Andrew
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1354 143 253

Hi @tonyvaloz

If you use a third-party domain, then you can't set up email forwarding addresses from your Shopify admin. Email forwarding or hosting might be offered by your third-party domain provider, or you can transfer your domain to ShopifyGoDaddy does provide email forwarding!

Incidentally, FOREXPOLY sounds like a cool idea - but as it is a free game, is your main source of revenue your books? I can see that you are selling the book on Amazon, which is great but it does mean sending customers to Amazon and away from your site. I'm curious to know why you've opted for this model?

I hope this helps and I look forward to hearing more!

Andrew | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

tonyvaloz
Shopify Partner
53 0 19

Hi @Andrew 

Thank you for your explanation!

I am afraid I will need to transfer my actual domain from Godaddy to Shopify first and then set up an email alias.

Forexpoly is my small learning center regarding the forex market. Since I wrote a book 5 years ago I would like to promote the reading at first time. At this time is the primary income method preferred, this is the reason why I redirect visitors to Amazon, of course, those ones interested in my book. Additionally I have prepared a short course for those who want to learn faster. And the free game to practice with the same site name!

I am still developing the site and the instagram account. I think the online marketing would start in a couple of weeks!

Thank you again for your attention!!!

bes regards